10 days till far retake.. need confidence help

• Creator
    Topic
    mperez102204
    Participant

Hey fellow CPAers.. I am asking a HUGE favor. I am currently taking my second FAR attempt on the 25th, so about 10 days until exam. I work full time and took off from the 19th to the 25th, which was my mistake the last time I took FAR because I only took off the day before. So, here is my issue. I was doing well the last week and was able to get through my note cards, reread the Ninja notes for the fifth time, write all journal entries, disclosure requirements and everything that would go on Shareholders Equity, Income Statement and Balance Sheet for both GAAP and IFRS. I also went through and wrote all calculations for GAAP accounting and Financial Statements that are required for Governmental and Not-For-Profit accounting entities. I felt through the note cards, these are the areas I seem to be getting wrong.

After all that I felt I should be doing better in the MCQ (which is Ninja), but my trending is going down bit by bit. I am currently trending 60% in Ninja. I need some words of advice. Should i reschedule the exam, if I do reschedule I have to do it for the end of the testing period because of coverage at work. Or can i really increase this score? I feel every time I learn something new, I forgot something I knew before —so frustrating!

I have no idea what is happening. I was doing well and all of a sudden I can not get out of the 40’s and 50’s when taking MCQ sessions. EEKKK, getting a bit worried to be honest.

Please help. I need words of encouragement from someone who understands what I am going through. Everyone I have spoken to keeps telling me I will do great because I worked full-time and went to school full-time for my undergrad and grad. I get that, but this is SO much HARDER, plus, that was about 2 years ago!

I honestly hate the number 67..... officially the worst number ever. Ugh, but 73 feels so much worse.

AUD -  67 ; 73 - retake August.

BEC - 69

FAR - 63, 67, Retake TBD

REG -  eventually 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mtaylo24
    Participant

Dont worry about trending, its an imaginary number. Work on getting your average scores up in the progress report by doing custom sessions. Hop back into adaptive whenever your confidence comes back.

Don't be discouraged though. Ninja is like that jerk from the movie Whiplash, not the most friendly to learn on. Like that one father who beams the football at his son to make him a better wide receiver. But You honestly have plenty of time to turn things around.

CPA (2017)

REG:  75

BEC:  76

FAR:  77

AUD: 78

CMA (2019)

P1: 380

P2: 360

AUD - 1st - 60 (12/12), 61 (2/13), 61 (8/13), 78! (11/15)
    REG - 55 (2/16) 69 (5/16) Retake(8/16)
    BEC - 71(5/16) Retake (9/16)
    FAR - (8/16)

mperez102204
    Participant

Wow, that analogy is awesome – honestly brought a smile to my face… I think I am going to complete MCQs by section, which I have not done yet. I just always completed by new questions randomly selected. Thank you for your words of encouragement – I REALLY needed it.

I honestly hate the number 67..... officially the worst number ever. Ugh, but 73 feels so much worse.

AUD -  67 ; 73 - retake August.

BEC - 69

FAR - 63, 67, Retake TBD

REG -  eventually 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.