10 GAAS Standards

• Creator
    Topic
    Boruch
    Participant

Do the 10 Standards (general, fieldwork, reporting) still apply/matter to anything? Do I need to know them for the exam?

The Roger textbook says it still applies to PCAOB audits but they are not on the PCAOB website, so I don’t know what to make of it. Besides, even if they do apply, I fail to see how they ultimately matter.

Anyone to the rescue..?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I take AUD Friday and have already made it through all the material in Gleim. Gleim is known for being overly detailed and I'm not even sure what you are talking about. So if I had to guess, I would say it's not important!

stran620
    Participant

The 10 GAAS are now reorganized under “principles governing an audit.” Concepts and functions are still the same though. However I just took AUD on Sat and I don't think I got a single question on general principles. Don't sweat it over this one.

mccarta7
    Participant

I just started studying for AUD today, so I can't say 100% for sure, but I completed the first section from my Gleim book without looking at the updates and they were included. Then I re-did my reading with the updated first section and there was no mention of them, so I would guess they aren't being tested in that format anymore.

FAR : 90

AUD : 86

REG : 85

BEC : Mar 2018

Gleim, NINJA method and some Ninja supplement

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.