12 DAYS UNTIL AUDIT EXAM!! SUPPLEMENTS?

• Creator
    Topic
    Q211995
    Participant

My audit exam’s on the 5th of July! I have Becker and just finished going over everything once (lectures, Skills Practice, MCQs, Simulations, book). I have not taken the practice exams yet. I don’t feel 100% confident and have not yet memorized the ratios or any reports. What should I do over the next 12 days?

Should I supplement with something like the Ninja audio or the MCQs and go over it until my exam? I’m a full time student btw.

I would really appreciate ANY advice!!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    BBHYX
    Participant

You should take practice exam 1 and see if that pinpoints any weaknesses in a particular chapter. If you miss a lot of questions from one particular chapter, maybe reread that chapter or focus on MCQ for that chapter.

Before you do that, you'd need to memorize ratios/reports though or those will obvious show up as weak points…

Becker for all

AUD - 87 (Q2 2017)
    FAR - 97 (Q3 2017)
    REG - 95 (Q3 2017)
    BEC - 98 (Q3 2017)

Lucy15
    Participant

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think memorizing the reports is a waste of time. Nothing came up on my exam that would have required me to have them memorized. Maybe I just had some dumb luck on my exam though, and other people had different questions than me that required memorizing the reports.

BEC - 77
    REG - 73, 72, 80
    AUD - 68, 85
    FAR - 71, 79
    Anthony
    Participant

Have to agree. Don't waste your time memorizing the reports. You should be familiar with the wording of each and how do they differ from one from another.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    FAR - 74 first attempt
    kdawg22
    Participant

I wouldn't even bother with the practice tests unless this is your first time sitting for any part of the exam. I recommend using the NINJA MCQ. For AUD, the NINJA MCQ has 1,645 questions. If you do 200 questions a day you can get through is roughly 8 days which leaves you with a few extra days to go over the SIMS

Trust the Process

FAR - 83 Wiley
    BEC - 68 Wiley, 74 (Wiley & NINJA), 79 (Wiley, NINJA, & Becker SIMS)
    AUD - 72 Wiley, 77 (Wiley & NINJA)
    REG - 88 Wiley & NINJA

Participant

Do Ninja MCQs and SIMs. I never did a practice exam. Since you don't get immediate feedback they aren't good for learning.

FAR- 88- 6/16- (Ninja Avg. 74%)
    REG- 89- 7/16- (Ninja Avg. 77%)
    AUD- 95- 8/16- (Ninja Avg. 81%)
    BEC- 82- 9/16- (Ninja Avg. 75%)
    [Wiley CPAExcel + Ninja MCQ]

Finally licensed.

FAR - June 2016 - 88
    REG - July 2016 - 89
    AUD - Aug 2016 - review phase currently
    BEC - Sep 2016 -

Wiley CPA Excel & Ninja MCQ

loveandbeloved
    Participant

I would practice SIMS and take dozens of Multiple Choice quizzes (36 questions at a time since you're taking AUD) that are comprehensive and include questions from every topic, not specific topics. It's highly unlikely that you'll get a testlet of 36 questions on a single topic, so if you're not getting a specific topic, don't dwell on it or try to become an expert on that topic by taking quizzes specific to that topic. You'll kick yourself in the butt when you get to the real exam and notice that you aren't even tested on that topic you spent so many hours trying to master. (Happened to me in my first two attempts at BEC).

See how you do overall by taking cumulative quizzes, and review all the questions and all the answer choices to make sure you truly understand concepts behind questions you got right and learn why you got questions wrong. Remember, every question you get wrong is a learning opportunity to get it right! If you feel you need to review a specific topic, don't spend more than 30 mins to an hour trying to get it.

I definitely wouldn't waste 4 hours taking a practice exam. I took a practice exams for my first two attempts at BEC and didn't find it helpful at all. I don't even remember if I was able to review my answers to know what I got right or wrong. Complete waste of 4 hours as you can't improve your score not knowing what you got right and wrong, which is the whole point in studying for an exam.

Good luck!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training

Q211995
    Participant

Thank you all soo much!! This is my first CPA exam ever and I'm getting really nervous as the test day gets closer, I just wanna make sure I'm doing my best with the time I have left… I really appreciate every single tip!!!

loveandbeloved
    Participant

Also, may I add that “going over everything once” isn't going to cut it as repetition is key to learning, grasping, and passing this exam. Most review courses provide the material in multiple mediums because not everyone learns the same way, not necessarily because you need to use every single form of learning to study (audio, visual, reading/writing), nor that doing so will increase your chance of passing. So find out how you learn best and stick to that medium. I'm not sure how many sections, if any, you passed/taken already, but you may learn that your study approach is different for each section depending on the information you're being tested on. For example, I used audios for BEC, read most of the book, and used flashcards.

For AUD I mainly just practiced MCQ's – I reviewed the book here and there, but I didn't listen to audios, or study flashcards even though I made some. I found AUD to be super easy to study for, and since it's mainly conceptual, reviewing things via flashcard wasn't too necessary since you either get it or you don't. Hopefully I passed even though the SIMS I got had lots of calculations related to FAR that I had absolutely no idea how to do, and now SIMS are 50% of your score. UGH!

Now for FAR, I'm taking another different approach, lol, and am reading each chapter since it's the section I'm most worried about since there's so much information and I've been out of school for 4 years. I have to refresh my memory on everything, so I need to start at the beginning so that I pass on my first try. Not sure if i'll listen to audios yet, but I will definitely make flashcards for formulas and such as I learn best with flashcards.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training

Anonymous
    Inactive

DO not underestimate Audit. Practice sim everyday for remaining days before the exam. I would also study audit cycles everyday and procedures to detect them. Peruse the topic you aren't 100% confident on. Be prepared for obscure questions on second testlet assuming that you did well on the first testlet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would absolutely get Ninja, and go through their testbank-it's a great review tool-used it for both AUD and BEC (passed BEC, waiting on AUD score). I would also focus on doing Ninja SIMS-do them all!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.