13 days before REG, buying Ninja MCQs worth it?

• Creator
    Topic
    cooperz
    Participant

NINJA Question –

So I have my REG exam scheduled for October 3rd. I am using Becker and am kinda done with all the MCQS and SIMS that Becker offers. Is spending $127 for Ninja MCQs and flash cards worth at this point in time??

Future CPA
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    M123
    Participant

Since you're using Becker, how do your trends look in the progress tests? How are the mock exams if you do those?

Empirically, Ninja MCQ and notes are well worth the price of entry but their utility at your stage will be influenced by where you stand. I used Ninja for every exam except for REG (learned of Ninja after) but was a Becker user. I like the way Ninja tracks things.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 77
    REG - 81
    REG - 1. Becker only - fail (forgot to study depr - oops); 2. Becker only - Pass
    FAR - 1. Becker only - fail; 2. added Ninja Notes and MCQ - Pass
    AUD - 1. Becker videos; Ninja Notes, Audio, MCQ, Becker Notes - Pass
    BEC - 1. Ninja Notes, Audio, MCQ, Becker Notes - Pass
    cooperz
    Participant

@M123 – I scored 67% on the Becker Mock exam. Didn't do any of the progress tests, but individually finished all the MCQs.

Future CPA
    jeff
    Keymaster

You're essentially two weeks out – which is the sweet spot for the notes. 3 weeks is ideal for the Mcq as a learning tool, it as a review, 1-2 weeks is perfect.

You would read the notes as many times as possible – two weeks out is enough time to re-write them (spending no more than 5 days doing so) and in the Mcq, pick your weakest topic and work backwards until you're scoring 70% on a topic doing 20 questions sets. Then do your next-weakest topic.

Keep reading your notes during this whole process.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    cooperz
    Participant

@Jeff – Thanks!!

Future CPA
    HT415
    Participant

I am in the exact same situation as the original poster.
    Thanks for your post Jeff!

AUD - 77
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 75
    REG - 82
    Licensed CPA practicing in California.

This journey is a test of will.

The feeling you get when you see that last score, is like no other.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should do progress tests of like sets of 30 of all chapters and see what you score. Do at least 10 of them and if you are scoring 80s-90s you are on the right track.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.