13 days until BEC, low MCQ scores, best course of action?

• Creator
    Topic
    Porma Fierles
    Participant

I made full book notes from Becker a few weeks ago and did Ninja MCQ over last week with only 30 question general sessions and no sims and no custom questions chosen. Only problem is that my total average score is 59% while my average trending is 63% with 1007 total attempts, 707 total questions not seen. Should I

-move on to practice exams right now
    -rewrite notes on areas I got a lot of questions wrong, then do MCQ, then do practice exams
    -continue to do 30 question sessions until I get a higher trending score, then move on to practice exams

This software knows where I am weak, that is for sure.

BTW in case you are curious, my low scores by category are

Financial Mgmt 48%
    IS and C 53%
    Operations Mgmt 57%
    Economics 65%
    Corp 79%
    Strategic 80%

The Becker notes just feel like a dead end, even though it took over a week to write and MCQ has me deadlocked in the low 60s, not sure how to make this better.

Any advice would be helpful! My becker notes did not seem to make my score that stellar so far, then again those math questions and a lot of the conceptual IS and C ones trip me up frequently. Jeff mentioned to me to study my weak areas a lot to raise the score. I tried it but the software keeps bouncing my score from 50% to 76% on each 30 question session, which is fair given the range of scores I get per section. The scary thing is that the real exam could load me with say Financial Mgmt and then I would be doomed!

"Fearlessly shape-shifting, to pass this exam!" "STRIVE FOR 85"

BEC-PASSED!, September 6
    AUD-PASSED!, November 3
    REG retake-March 4
    FARĀ retake-Spring 2017

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My advice which led me to a pass on a first try was following:
    I printed any mcqs from becker I did not understand what the question was asking for- ended up with anywhere between 75 mcqs to 150 mcqs per each chapter. Went through it 5 times while forcing my brain not to memorize but understand the concept. Took 1st becker final and scored 71 two weeks prior to exam. Took 2nd becker final and scored 53 one week prior to exam. Did about 500-700 ninja mcqs in a week before the exam. My weakness was on financial and operational. Focused on doing mcqs on those on the last minute.

D
    Participant

Your best bet now is to continue to do NINJA MCQ. That's the only thing that helped me to pass. Becker notes and highlighting at this point will be a waste of precious time, unless there's a specific topic you are really struggling with.

13 days is enough time for you to drill into the MCQs and get it down to pass! I think I was in the same position you were when I was that far out. I was trending 60-70s but was able to pick it up.

Focus on doing sets of 20-30 in all areas, even your “stronger” areas. Because really, until those are closer to 85-90% I wouldn't say you have them down pat. Select “New Questions” and Repeat sets of 20-30. Understand why you get the answer right and wrong. You can do this.

AUD: 77Ā  (Jan 2016)
    BEC: 80Ā  (May 2016)
    REG:Ā (rematch May 2017)
    FAR:Ā (rematch Apr 2017)

----------
    AUD - 74, 77! (1/2016)
    BEC - 80! (5/2016)
    REG - tbd (8/2016)
    FAR - tbd

Study materials: NINJA MCQ/Audio/Notes

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!"
    ----------

Porma Fierles
    Participant

OK thanks CHACPA.

Yeah, makes sense, just like what Jeff and a professor told me. Thanks TXCPAGAL12.

"Fearlessly shape-shifting, to pass this exam!" "STRIVE FOR 85"

BEC-PASSED!, September 6
    AUD-PASSED!, November 3
    REG retake-March 4
    FARĀ retake-Spring 2017

TMal1
    Participant

Should I be completing 30 question sessions per section or 30 questions with a random mix?

Ashima
    Participant

How much are the Ninja multiple choice questions?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.