150 Credit Hours for CPA Exam – North Alabama?

• Creator
    Topic
    Marc
    Participant

150 Credit Hours for CPA Exam – North Alabama?

I need another Upper division Business law course to get the CPA License ! I didnt know they required 2 Businesslaw classes in FL ! :@ – i am not yet a resident for tuition purposes …

Community collages cost as little as 300 bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the WHOLE COURSE !!!!!! around 1000 for non residents …

I have seen online schools that cost 2400 !! but its pretty damn flexible and quick.

Can anyone recommend a cheap school for me ? i dont want to spend half of my cpa bonus on a stupid course !

Created with Compare Ninja

No signature needed.

Passed And got my license too ..

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    smp73

I had to take one additional class for my masters in order to make it fit in my schedule. I did an LSU online course. It was super cheap (I am a New York resident) and it counted for CPA credit. I would look there. If I remember correctly I paid around $400 for the class.

I know other people that have used LSU to “fill the gap” in a relatively inexpensive manner.

Good Luck!

NYS CPA License # 113563
    CIA: Done as of 2/15/14

Training for a half marathon post studying!

smp73

I had to take one additional class for my masters in order to make it fit in my schedule. I did an LSU online course. It was super cheap (I am a New York resident) and it counted for CPA credit. I would look there. If I remember correctly I paid around $400 for the class.

I know other people that have used LSU to “fill the gap” in a relatively inexpensive manner.

Good Luck!

NYS CPA License # 113563

Marc
    Participant

Thanks a lot guys, but LSU has a hold on the business law classes :@

No signature needed.

Marc
    Participant

Thanks a lot guys, but LSU has a hold on the business law classes :@

No signature needed.

smp73

That sucks! When do you need the class by? I feel like for the fraud class I took it was a weird rolling window. Maybe call them?

NYS CPA License # 113563

smp73

That sucks! When do you need the class by? I feel like for the fraud class I took it was a weird rolling window. Maybe call them?

NYS CPA License # 113563

Givemesleep

LSU business law has been on hold for a long time. Univesity of North Alabama has one available on line and is cheap and good. Not sure if it overlaps the one you have taken so proceed with caution.

https://una.cpaexcel.com/papp/enroll.html

Reg 11/15/2011 - 80
    Aud 02/28/2012 - 81
    Bec 05/31/2012 - 78
    Far 08/31/2012 - 83 Do you believe in Miracles, YES !!!

CPA License received 10/2012 !!
    CFE License received 04/2013 !!
    EA License received

Givemesleep

Givemesleep

LSU business law has been on hold for a long time. Univesity of North Alabama has one available on line and is cheap and good. Not sure if it overlaps the one you have taken so proceed with caution.

https://una.cpaexcel.com/papp/enroll.html

Reg 11/15/2011 - 80
    Aud 02/28/2012 - 81
    Bec 05/31/2012 - 78
    Far 08/31/2012 - 83 Do you believe in Miracles, YES !!!

CPA License received 10/2012 !!
    CFE License received 04/2013 !!
    EA License received

Givemesleep

jthompson613

I am currently in a similar situation where as I am trying to get an additional business law course so that I can sit for the exam as soon as I graduate with my undergrad in August. I am looking at American Military University or American Public University (virtually same school under APUS) which both have a 4000 level “Law for Accountants.” Both schools are regionally accredited so there is no question as to whether the FL board will except them, but my concern is that they will consider it a “duplicate course.” My first business law course was a 3000 level “Legal and Ethical Environments of Business.” This duplicate course policy is difficult to decipher when it comes to business law because most of the courses are very similar. The best part of AMU is that it is only $250/credit hour and 8 week courses that start every month. Here is the link: https://www.amu.apus.edu/academic/schedule/course/acct415.

jthompson613

I am currently in a similar situation where as I am trying to get an additional business law course so that I can sit for the exam as soon as I graduate with my undergrad in August. I am looking at American Military University or American Public University (virtually same school under APUS) which both have a 4000 level “Law for Accountants.” Both schools are regionally accredited so there is no question as to whether the FL board will except them, but my concern is that they will consider it a “duplicate course.” My first business law course was a 3000 level “Legal and Ethical Environments of Business.” This duplicate course policy is difficult to decipher when it comes to business law because most of the courses are very similar. The best part of AMU is that it is only $250/credit hour and 8 week courses that start every month. Here is the link: https://www.amu.apus.edu/academic/schedule/course/acct415.

kmoj

Did you ever find a good university/program?

I am in the same boat. I just moved to Florida from Utah, and assumed that I would be able to go ahead and sit for the CPA exam right away, BUT I too am deficient in the 3 extra credits of business law.

If you wouldn't mind sharing what you did, I would really appreciate it. I am supposed to start up with a firm in 3 months and would really like to find a solution so this doesn't mess up my offer or cost an exorbitant amount.

kmoj

Did you ever find a good university/program?

I am in the same boat. I just moved to Florida from Utah, and assumed that I would be able to go ahead and sit for the CPA exam right away, BUT I too am deficient in the 3 extra credits of business law.

If you wouldn't mind sharing what you did, I would really appreciate it. I am supposed to start up with a firm in 3 months and would really like to find a solution so this doesn't mess up my offer or cost an exorbitant amount.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in FL too and need Business Law as well.

My husband is studying at APUS (mentioned above) and as far as I could see the prices are very reasonable and yes, it is a 8 weeks couse. Also they are very organized and everything is well structured from what he was telling me.

I think I will go for it … after I am done with AUD … this beast!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in FL too and need Business Law as well.

My husband is studying at APUS (mentioned above) and as far as I could see the prices are very reasonable and yes, it is a 8 weeks couse. Also they are very organized and everything is well structured from what he was telling me.

I think I will go for it … after I am done with AUD … this beast!!!!

Marc
    Participant

Im really sorry for not replying sooner, I actually am waiting for a community collage to offer the course in January when i become a resident.

I know that probably does not help, but thats what i did.

No signature needed.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.