150 Credit Requirement

• Creator
    Topic
    jl3357
    Participant

Quick question to anyone who may have ran into this issue…

I’m currently in the process of obtaining my 150 credits. I went to a school that ran on quarters, therefore I have quarter credits. I just calculated how many credits I have, and i have 149.67 credits (since semester credits are 1.5x quarter credits). Do you think that they would possibly round up my credits to achieve my 150? Or do you think I would need to go pay for an additional class to fulfill my 150?

Is there anyway to see if the state board will accept this?

AUD - 92
    BEC - 89
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 80
    Jody
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Good Lordy Me
    Participant

Hard to assume, the state board is the only one who can tell you the answer so I suggest get the info to them so they can evaluate. One thing that happened to me as a positive is I fought the # of credits they said I had vs what I felt I had. I actually one that war so that might be on your side too. Good luck.

jl3357
    Participant

Or is there anyway that I can submit my hours to the state board and see if they accept it (if I have not passed all 4 parts of the CPA exam yet)?

AUD - 92
    BEC - 89
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 80
    Jody
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Find your state board's point of contact for CPA stuff. Let them know your situation and forward them a copy of your transcript.

I know when I initially applied, I thought I was good. But I was able to get a course substitution as I had so many other credits..Keep in mind the substitution was similar. I had to write a letter to the Board requesting the substitution. Not a difficult process.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.