Revocation of Offer? 150 Credits Needed for Big Four

• Creator
    Topic
    igotquestions
    Participant

Hi all,

I graduated from college with acceptable grades (above 3.5) and was planning to get my remaining credits (15 credits) at a community college.

If I failed some of these courses at the community college (say all 15 credits), but then performed well enough on another 15 credits worth of classes so that in total I received 150 credits all with grades above a B, would I still be good to go for hire? Do Big Four firms count all credits or only the 150 credits needed?

Thank you for your time.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Warrior
    Participant

I am not sure about your story with credits. You lost at some point. Big 4 need your accounting degree and CPA eligibility whatever number of credits you need for it

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    I believe in myself
    Biff Tannen
    Participant

Met a girl who works full time at KPMG who doesn’t even meet the 150 hour requirement. She somehow slipped through the cracks

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 85
    “An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends” - Benjamin Franklin
    Warrior
    Participant

@LIFO to the party, true. Really depends on the role. You don’t need to be CPA eligible to work there as hr or in the adivisory

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    I believe in myself
    AusNat
    Participant

If your transcript from the community college shows multiple failed accounting classes (and a corresponding GPA), they'll probably ask about that. If you're straight out of school with no work experience, large firms will usually ask for and factor in GPA. You usually can't pick and choose which parts of your transcript you want to share (which is fair… everyone has a 4.0 GPA if you don't count any of the classes they didn't get an A on).

It doesn't mean it's an automatic deal-breaker. But I would definitely not give them a resume or application that tries to deny the existence of those failed courses (by taking them out of your GPA when filling out an application that asks for GPAs at all schools for instance, or presenting a “self-calculated” GPA on your resume). You don't have to highlight them and could initially present a resume only your undergrad GPA and undergrad major-specific GPA (labeled as such) and then say you're CPA eligible with 150 hours, but if you present info that could be considered false and then they ask for a transcript to verify and it doesn't match… deception WILL probably be a deal-breaker.

AUD - 94
    BEC - 90
    FAR - 95
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Are we there yet?

Waiting impatiently on my last score.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.