1/9 Audit exam experience/frustrations

• Creator
    Topic
    thebigguy1992
    Participant

i took the audit test today. first testlet was medium obviously. i think i did a lot better on that testlet this time than when i last took it (i got a 70 on 12/9) the second and third testlets were definitely hard, but i think i did better on it than last time. i was still flagging around 4 on the medium and around 6-8 each on the last two testlets. the sims this time were a lot harder i thought. i got the research one right and another one correct because it was word for word from the AL. then there were two other ones were i thought i was 50% and then the last two were i’d say i got less than 50%. coming out of the test i was definitely more discouraged this time because of the sims. The MCQ definitely went better, and hopefully that helps put me over the top this time, but I’m worried that my sims performance will bring me down. but who knows, maybe i get lucky on score release.

I’m just really annoyed right now because i put in about 80-90 hours for the retake of audit in about 3 weeks studying full time over christmas break and taking 2 weeks off for work, and if i fail this after all that along with having to take it in the new format with scores not being released until august, its a real pain in the ass. plus now I’m turning to reg to try and squeeze in with 7 to 8 weeks of studying while working full time during busy season at a big 4, and its just kinda frustrating. i was in a fall busy season, and i think the reason i failed audit the first time was because i was trying to study through that and i sorta forgot the concepts because i read the ninja book in the first week of october and took the test first week of december. my real busy season isn’t supposed to be bad at all though (no late nights and no weekends), so hopefully that at least gives me a small chance with reg.

BEC - 79
    FAR - 62,73,76
    AUD - 70, 88
    REG - 83
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    caotran
    Participant

I'm on the same boat. I’m working at a Big 4 and my busy season is from Sept- Jan (Advisory). I failed AUD the last time in 12/9 with a 72 and spent 50 hours to restudy during the last 3 weeks.
    My testlet went from Med- Hard-Med. I’m also sure about the Research question and one question from AL as you said. The other 5 questions, I’m not very sure. I’m moving to REG now and will take it on 2/17. Luckily, my busy season will be over in the next 2 weeks.

sulaiman
    Participant

I say stay positive since you've already taken it and you cannot change anything about it. In all of my four exams so far, I left the exam feeling differently than what my scores indicated. Like in my first try in FAR, I thought I'll get 50-55 at most, because even during the exam I felt I am no way going to pass this, and even considering leaving the exam without finishing it. In my second try, I had a feeling that I passed because I thought I did great in mc questions, but when I ever think of sims I had a feeling that I am going to pass. However, I got my result with “weaker in mc” and “strong in sims”

Done!

thebigguy1992
    Participant

It's weird, for me when I left BEC I knew I passed, got a 79. When I left FAR I thought I passed, got a 76. When I left audit the first time I thought I had a chance but I really underestimated it. It looks like others who have taken it so far this quarter have had hard sims so we shall see.

BEC - 79
    FAR - 62,73,76
    AUD - 70, 88
    REG - 83
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.