2 1/2 weeks away from test REG material doesn't stick as planned

• Creator
    Topic
    nalratoss
    Participant

I am focusing more on basis and gain/losses, including individual property transaction, corporation, S corp, partnership. I’m doing better in that regard.

Some tax parts are just pain in ass, such as FICA taxes and credits and AMT

However, I find it difficult to keep up with memorization of other stuff. For example, agency rules, Security exchange act of 1933 1944 (the Reg A Reg D stuff) and the bankruptcy stuff.

If I haven’t read anything regarding to a specific chapter, i.e agency, and I immediately do an agency MCQ and SIM, I score like 55% on it.

Some parts are worse, for example, yesterday I did an MCQ on credit/AMT/losses and I scored 30% because most of my answers were pure guessing

FAR-80

AUD-77

REG-75

BEC-82

I'm done done!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Operation_CPA
    Participant

2.5 weeks is a long time if you organize your schedule appropriately. I wouldn't count yourself out – it sounds like you just need to refresh yourself a bit. Pick one topic at a time so you don't get overwhelmed and then move on from there.

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Keep at it. I wouldn't worry so much about AMT. 2.5 weeks is a lot of time. Keep doing the MCQ's and you will make a lot of progress before your exam

MSim
    Participant

I am also on the 2 week train as of this point and I am freaking out.

When you guys say 2 weeks is enough time, does it refer to studying full time for two weeks? Because I am not studying full time for 2 weeks and I feel like I don't have enough time to get this all in my head. Thank goodness for Memorial day 3 day weekend!

Have you guys done it with this amount of time? I'm close to pushing this to July because I've read some horror stories where even if they knew the Becker book front to back, the stuff on the test still surprised them. So, even if I have enough time to get Becker down, I still feel like I'm not ready enough… I have NINJA as supplement and I don't think I have enough time to get through all of those…

"Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" -- Muhammad Ali

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.