2 days till FAR, need motivation/advice

• Creator
    Topic
    itooshallpass
    Participant

I’ve spent the last two or three weeks in final review mode, had some timing setbacks due to travel, and currently have two days left and feeling despondent. I went from feeling decently prepared this weekend, to muddled, confused, and like I will fail. I’ve spent the last 2-3 days focusing on problem areas that I identified like two weeks ago, and doing comprehensive quizzes and mock exams. My quiz scores have dropped in the last couple days from 70-80s to 50-60s. I just feel like I’m so tired of the process that things are slipping, but I’m so close that I can’t stop now. There’s too much material that I’m iffy about, I don’t even know what to focus on for my remaining time. Too many details…
    On the bright side, I think I’ve nailed bonds, leases, gov’t, and pensions.

I don’t know what to do at this point besides maybe slip into a coma. Anybody else got to this point and somehow pulled through? Please help 🙁

FAR - 85 (12/17)
    AUD - 80 (1/18)
    REG - 83 (6/18)
    BEC - 85 (7/18)

Ethics - 95

DONE DONE DONE DONE

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    COVER U CPA
    Participant

My advice: spend the day before your exam just relaxing. Don't try and cram too much in your head. I've relaxed the day before the exam every test I have taken because at that point you've done as much as you can do. Last minute Cramming might make you confused on certain concepts that you previously mastered.

Now, two days before the exam, that is when you study study study all major sections you've felt you've had problems with. Concentrate on those sections (you'll know which they are). For me, FAR and amortization was my weakness as well as foreign currency.

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!!!!! Keep going strong and good luck. Also, remember to breath during the test. Take it testlet by testlet.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 78
    REG - 78
    On my wayyyyyyyyyy to becoming a CPAAAAAAAAAA

BEC - 81

FAR - 73, 78

AUD -  80

REG -  78 - I AM DONE!!!!

Joshua
    Participant

@Cover U CPA, well said bro.

@itooshallpass
    , I'd say same as written above this comment. Although I haven't yet tackled such feelings in a CPA examination I had it in CMA ones, I just chilled n treated myself tho to a restaurant 2 days prior the exams, moreover, diverted my mind to rethink about those exams.

scratching your nails onto some major topics during last two days of your exam might be wrong decision, so just relax n chill bro.

best of luck to all of us.
    Cheers.

CS
    Participant

I remember feeling the way you did. FAR has been my only exam experience until Audit next week, but I remember getting simple MCQs wrong in the days leading up to it which was probably due to burnout. You know the information, and you need to have faith in yourself. Someone in a previous thread mentioned how important confidence was, especially during the test, and that means trusting your capabilities and in all of the knowledge you have attained. I second-guessed myself like crazy during the second MCQ testlet, which led to a significant time deficit for the SIMs which was the worst feeling, but ittaught me that it's normal to feel anxiety during the exam but that doesn't change the fact that I went in fully prepared.

Accounting Adam
    Participant

In my opinion, completely avoid your weaknesses at this point. Make sure your strengths are indeed your strengths. No one expects you to get a 100%.

I like to try to picture some questions that I would ask a prospective CPA to prove to me he/she knows what he/she's doing.. For example: all CPA's should be able to consolidate a financial statement – so you know they'll ask that.

What else might a CPA ask you to prove to him/her that you're qualified?

Anyway, get your plan for question timing ready – after that first testlet how much time should be left? For me I wanted to do each MCQ testlet in 45 mins so I could have to time for the SIMS.

Good luck~!

AUD - 87
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - 75
    Good Luck!
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.