2 Weeks for BEC?

• Creator
    Topic
    Luke
    Participant

I just took FAR yesterday and have BEC scheduled for March 9th. Is 2 weeks a reasonable amount of time to study for BEC, considering I won’t be working?

I have the Becker review program. I’m trying to decide whether to watch the lectures or just focus on the MCQ’s considering that is 85% of BEC. I would really like to get BEC out of the way before new format w/ sims and would really appreciate any advice or insight as to the best way to try to tackle this exam in 2 weeks of study time.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "Always begin with the end in mind"
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    NeedsA75
    Participant

If you are not working you might have enough time if you really crank on it. I work full time and it took me about 6 weeks to study for BEC and pass on the first attempt

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

Anthony
    Participant

I'm on the pretty similar boat as you, except that I just finished CPAexcel and currently doing a overall review.Exam date for me is the 8th.

Skip the lecture if possible they are just a time-sink for most time.I would personally try to focus on MCQ + book/notes and memorize the WC template.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    FAR - 74 first attempt
    mcdylan02
    Participant

I took about 3.5 weeks to study for BEC while working full time and I passed with an 83. I went through all of the lecture and multiple choice and skipped the written communication. I figured there's no way to prepare for the written communication because the topic can be on almost anything. I believe if you know how to write well and can pull some relevant information from the topic, you should be fine on the WC. That was my experience anyways.

Luke
    Participant

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses. mcdylan02 did you use Becker? I'm thinking of doing the “ninja” approach and crank out all of the lectures in a few days and then attack the MCQ's.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - NINJA in Training
    jereumie
    Participant

I took 3 weeks for BEC and 12 days for AUD while working full time. 2 weeks without working is plenty of time.

Working full-time and taking all 4 parts in one window.

If I can do it, you all can too.

FAR 81 - 1/9/2017

BEC 78 - 1/28/2017

AUD 80 - 2/10/2017

REG 81 - 4/25/2017

mcdylan02
    Participant

I did use Becker. I've used it for FAR, REG, & BEC and I've passed them all on my first attempt. I think it does a great job of focusing on critical areas.

Luke
    Participant

Thanks for your input. What do you think about watching all of the lecture first before the MCQ? Or watching each section of lecture and then working the corresponding MCQ? The reason I was thinking the former was because I have such limited time and maybe It would be best to go through all the MCQ up until the exam so hopefully all of the topics will be more fresh in my head.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - NINJA in Training
    mcdylan02
    Participant

The way that I usually do it is going through the lecture for a subtopic and then doing all of the corresponding MCQ until I can go through each one and understand each answer. That's just what has worked for me.

wowwow93
    Participant

Im in the same situation. Just started on B2 today, and my exam in on the 10th. I think 2 weeks would be enough.

NeedsA75
    Participant

I really don't know how some people pass with only a few weeks of study and working full time. It goes to show that you just need to know “enough” and not master every single concept

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

isoceles
    Participant

Attempting right now with a 3/10 date. Strategy is to skim through material then do lots of MCQs. Good luck to you as well.

Namstut
    Participant

I took 6 weeks to study for BEC. I have a full time job with 55+ hours in the office and countless hours of working from home, plus family and kids so 2 weeks of pure dedication to BEC is definitely enough.

With 2 weeks to study you would have to manage your time and probably cover a chapter+HW in 2 days on average, leaving a couple of days for review. Some of the chapters will take you longer than the others. Map out your study plan on the calendar and stick to it.

Chapter 2 of Becker has the most calcs in MCQs so it could take longer. Do not underestimate the IT section – you might see a disproportionately high number of questions on IT on your exam. I think by mid-point you will be able to tell whether or not this is manageable and by then you will be too far into it and you won't be able to quit. 😉 Good luck! It's definitely doable!

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

All Done!!!

AUD 7/6/16 Passed
    BEC 9/3/16
    FAR TBD
    REG TBD

Luke
    Participant

Thanks for everyone's input, I ended up passing with a 79, such a relief to get this out of the way before the SIM's!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 80
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Namstut
    Participant

@Lucas94 that's awesome! Congrats, this is a great achievement!

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

All Done!!!

AUD 7/6/16 Passed
    BEC 9/3/16
    FAR TBD
    REG TBD

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.