2 weeks until REG Retake & feeling lost .. need strategy advice!

• Creator
    Topic
    D
    Participant

I scored a 61 in August, and the diagnostic showed I was “Weaker” in all areas for MCQ (no surprise given my score..), and “Stronger” overall for Sims (which was a little surprising).

I’m now 2 weeks out and have been using Ninja MCQ, book, audio, and notes. My strategy has been to tackle chapters one at a time.. but Business Law is killing me. I’m only about 30% through the questions and have yet to dapple into Tax (BLAW is almost 800 mcq altogether). I’m only scoring around 60% too… but I’m wondering if I’m just burned out with it and need to change it up? (regardless I know I need to learn it)

Should I change my strategy? If so, what would you do?

If I keep at my current method, I’m hoping to finish BLAW MCQs by the end of the weekend and finally be able to touch the next chapters. Its just been absolutely brutal and not sure I’m being as productive/efficient as I should be…. but also don’t know what else to do.. :/

Thoughts? I need to pass this test on Oct 23RD!!!

AUD: 77  (Jan 2016)
    BEC: 80  (May 2016)
    REG: (rematch May 2017)
    FAR: (rematch Apr 2017)

----------
    AUD - 74, 77! (1/2016)
    BEC - 80! (5/2016)
    REG - tbd (8/2016)
    FAR - tbd

Study materials: NINJA MCQ/Audio/Notes

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!"
    ----------

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    D
    Participant

Bump.

Anyone?

----------
    AUD - 74, 77! (1/2016)
    BEC - 80! (5/2016)
    REG - tbd (8/2016)
    FAR - tbd

----------

CPA788
    Participant

Hey there.
    Keep in mind BLAW is just 17-21%. Yes, you need to know it, but I would not spin your wheels there. Imagine if you could be stronger on all other topics and just be comparable on BLAW. You'll be fine. I use Becker as well as NINJA and I've developed this strategy. Also it's my third attempt so take what you will. I review chapters for just a few hours each. Each category. Re-familiarize myself. I did a lot of NINJA notes and Becker outlines, just to get my mind in all areas again. Then used NINA random and did all topics in my MCQ sets at random to assess my weak points. That way you are not spending huge chunks of time chapter by chapter, instead doing a more brief review. Then fine tuning with NINJA pointing out your weak spots.

Not sure if that's helpful, but good luck!

BEC - 74, 77 (Becker only)

FAR - 72, 71, 78 (Becker+NINJA)

REG - 69, 59, 69, 72, 76 (Becker+a private tutor+NINJA+Gleim free trial+seriously anything else I could review)

AUD - 77 (Becker only)

CA candidate

BEC - 74, 77
    FAR - 72, 71 (retake 7/29)
    REG - 69
    AUD - Q4 '16

CA Candidate

D
    Participant

@CPA788- yes this does help, thanks! I have only made a little more progress today with BLAW so I think I may change the strategy to do a review of notes/chapters…. then set the material at random to give me MCQ. At least I will feel like I'm covering more ground.

----------
    AUD - 74, 77! (1/2016)
    BEC - 80! (5/2016)
    REG - tbd (8/2016)
    FAR - tbd

----------

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.