2017 Study Plan Help

• Creator
    Topic
    1skibum
    Participant

Hi everyone! I have been working in public accounting for 13 months now. I started studying prior to working and kept putting my first exam (FAR) off until my NTS ran out. I sat for FAR June 10th and failed it with a 68. I only completed chapters 1-6 of Becker. I went on to taking BEC in October after taking the summer off from studying and passed with a 94. December 10th I took REG and missed passing by 3 points. Each time I didn’t pass I know it was due to lack of preparation, self discipline, procrastination and working crazy hours instead of working 40 and studying the rest of the time.

As 2016 came to a close I decided that in 2017 I will pass my remaining three sections no matter what it takes. I realize that I need to quit procrastinating and get it done so I don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Anyways, as busy season approaches what would you recommend as a plan to get these done ASAP? My Becker expires in March but I believe a friend will let me use his. I am willing to do whatever necessary, but also realize that I need to put my work as my top priority. When asking co-workers about studying during busy season they say I’m crazy, so I thought to ask on here to see if this is reasonable. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    aspencookie
    Participant

im studying for far right now. i work full time and when i come home im just too tired to sit there and study, so somehow i started waking up at 4 30 am for no reason, instead of going back to sleep, i made myself stay up. Now i study from 4 30 to 6 and then get ready for work. This break that we are all just coming from I made myself study, it was not much but i made myself do it and i was able to get through two sections. I am not moving forward until i understand the concept wholly. They say people fail because they rush through and dont try to understand the concept, you should try to HONESTLY figure out where your weakness lies and then work on it. IGNORING SOMETHING JUST SO YOU CAN MOVE FORWARD is a BIG MISTAKE. Sit there and figure out that concept before you EVEN TAKE THE NEXT STEP.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.