AUD Study Group – Q2 2018

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    539Mayor
    Participant

how do I get this Audit Thread responses sent to myou phone via email?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 77
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 84
    Jay
    JMG
    Participant

Moving my post from the tail end of the Q1 thread here:

Will I ever fully understand the Completeness & Existence/Occurrence assertions? Starting to lose hope. I will be taking AUD for the third time and despite going through this all over again, I'm still getting mcqs wrong. Does anyone have some good drills/tricks to nailing these down?

@Mare
    I don't think we can share our email here, but if you have anything helpful that you can copy & paste that would be great!

Your fail scores are like battle scars, so wear them proudly!

REG - 76 (expired 7/31/18)

BEC - 69, 72, 80

AUD - 62, 70, 74

FAR - 50, 60

MR.93
    Participant

I need SERIOUS help with Audit. It is the last exam I have to pass in order to avoid losing credit on both, FAR and BEC in 6/2018. In a previous attempt, I did not practice simulations and failed marginally. This time around, I actually practiced SIMS and got a score lower than a prior attempt. Is anyone here interested in becoming a study buddy?

SONA
    Participant

When are you giving your exam? Aud will be my 3rd attempt too after failing badly in december by 59 then in february by 72.

Will be attempting 3 time on 9th April, plan to hit every single question and sims of NINJA that's the only time I have (REG expiring 4/14/18)

My weak area is assertions and Audit procedure…. hitting hard on that.

“Procrastination is thief of time……..”

AUD :56, 72, 77!
    FAR : 74, 77!
    BEC : 72, 75!
    REG : 72, 81!
    Tim
    Participant

I'm taking this April 6th. I'm just starting final review but honestly I'm feeling really confident already. There just doesn't seem to be a ton of material compared to FAR/BEC. We'll see how it goes I guess. The 85 day wait between when I take it and the score release will be extremely fun.

FAR - 97 (10/12/17)
    BEC - 95 (01/15/18)
    AUD - 88 (04/06/18)
    REG - 89 (11/16/18)
    MR.93
    Participant

I think I will be attempting my exam mid-late May because I want to take it real slow this time and study as if it's my first time taking it. Anyone taking it around that time would be ideal since we can go at similar pace. But that's not to say I wouldn't want to pair up with anyone taking it earlier either. Since I have attempted this exam before, I do remember concepts and perhaps reviewing them will solidify concepts that have me losing points.

ct516
    Participant

Hi Team 🙂

I am scheduled to take this exam 5/14 and will start studying this sunday!

Let me know if you have any tips on how to study and understand the materials.

LAST EXAM, FINGERS CROSSED!!!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 76
    REG - 76
    ONE MORE

For those of you having hard time passing, please try this. This is how I passed after failing 3 times (73, 72, 73). As I was doing Ninja MCQs, every time a response came up I read everything that was linked in the source and definitions. I also read as many AU-C, PCABO's as possible. Hope this helps. Don't give up, keep at. If I can do it, you can do it too!

If I can do it, you can do it too!

Certified CPA, 2016

Licensed CPA since Apr 16
    Order in sequence of passing
    FAR-71,71,79
    BEC-80
    REG-72,77
    AUD-56,72,72,72,80! Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord!
    FAR/BEC/AUD: Becker & Yaeger lectures (Wiley & Ninja MCQs). REG: Becker lectures (Ninja MCQs).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Onto AUD after recently passing FAR on my first attempt! Let's do it! Already on Becker A3, and I'm scheduled to take AUD on 4/27.

CPAwannab
    Participant

Hi Friends,
    I am starting my journey with AUD this week, using Becker only and maybe ninja monthly for a review. My exam is May 25 but this tax season is kicking my butt so I may reschedule (by week or two).
    Need Becker study buddy to keep me motivated 🙂

BEC 79

FAR 78

AUD 88

REG 83

famh110
    Participant

I will be testing again for Auditing, scored a 64 and it was all due to lack of preparation. I was only half way thru Becker and had to test as my NTS was about to expire. Thought I would be the one of those lucky ones who can wing it in a small time frame but i guess not!

I will try not to rely on luck as much next time and prepare as diligently as possible.

I am currently on A2 in Becker but applying the NINJA method. I will be testing around end of April. Let's get this done!!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today". (H Jackson Brown, Jr.)
    Julia
    Participant

Hello. Passed BEC w 84 after a 74. On to AUD.
    I plan to sit June so I don't have to wait for score so long. Doing Becker, but not happy w customer service.
    Love ninja!
    Started Becker module 1 this week.Plan to do 20 hours a week w daily review. I was doing big study days on fri thru sun but I think I was losing momentum. Turns out after 4 hours, it does not stick.
    2.5 hours weekdays and 4 sat and sun.

B- 74, 84

A- 75

R- 74, 81

F- 09-07-18

Allsheneededwassome
    Participant

Got a 70. Irritated. Missed the research question and still don’t understand how anyone can miss the research question. To me those are like free points.

I will be retaking early April as soon as I get my NTS. Using Becker and mainly doing just MCQs and SIMs.

80(E)75!

66,69,70,81!

A 71,66,70,72,83!

B 75(E),82!

Ethics 95

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here again after another 72 on AUD. I am planning a 4 weeks study program. Is there any advise on how to prepare for the Sims? I mean, i've always practiced the SIMS using Becker, Wiley and Ninja and i am always averaging 70% score at the first try. However it has been my weak area on BEC and AUD. The score report states Strong MCQ & Weak in Sims.

@allsheneededwassome the research question is very tricky. Last test i found 2 answers for the research questions and it took me a good 8 mins to pick what i thought was the best one.

Julia
    Participant

I am doing the Becker lectures w chapter review & then looking thru ninja notes. I then note what items I feel I need to remember later.
    I then spend last 2 weeks rewriting my notes.
    This is time consuming but I graduated 12 yrs ago & need more review than new grads.
    I got 74 on reg & BEC. Then a 81 & 84 on retake.
    20 hours a week. Audio non stop. U roll w me in my car, u learn bout engagements. Test in June 3.

B- 74, 84

A- 75

R- 74, 81

F- 09-07-18

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 452 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group – Q2 2018’ is closed to new replies.