AUD Study Group – Q1 2018

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 317 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    itooshallpass
    Participant

Aud on Jan 24! Waiting on FAR score but pressing on for better or worse..

FAR - 85 (12/17)
    AUD - 80 (1/18)
    REG - 83 (6/18)
    BEC - 85 (7/18)

Ethics - 95

DONE DONE DONE DONE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same here. Good luck, itooshallpass!

kimphan
    Participant

Hello,

Do you take Becker Review? I'm planning to take the test in February but confusing about Version 3.1 vs. Version 3.2. Please advise.

Kim

itooshallpass
    Participant

IC

FAR - 85 (12/17)
    AUD - 80 (1/18)
    REG - 83 (6/18)
    BEC - 85 (7/18)

Ethics - 95

DONE DONE DONE DONE

itooshallpass
    Participant

Whoops didn't mean to post that sorry

FAR - 85 (12/17)
    AUD - 80 (1/18)
    REG - 83 (6/18)
    BEC - 85 (7/18)

Ethics - 95

DONE DONE DONE DONE

Jen-J
    Participant

Taking AUD on January 2nd. I'm on my last week of learning material and then I go into review.

Kimphan – either way, you have to print replacement pages. For the videos, they recommend using 3.1 for A1 and using 3.2 for A2-A6. I ended up doing A1 without a book at all (I had to wait for the 3.2 book to be printed and shipped), and doing A2-A6 with the 3.2 book. Any time I had to use 3.1 pages in a 3.2 section, I went back and watched that part of the 3.1 video.

Still not quite sure what to do about Final Review. They sent me the 3.1 Final Review book in November (I didn't have a way to hold just that book), so I'll have to figure out how to modify it.

AUD: 87

BEC: 90

FAR: 93

REG: 84

CPA license issued September 2018

TryAgain
    Participant

I am currently in the Becker online Audit class, which ends this Saturday. I am hoping to take exam first week of January but with the upcoming holidays will realistically be the 2nd week of January. I am waiting on my FAR score, but not optimistic I passed so will also need to retake that, otherwise I will lose my Reg end of March.

Just keep trying.

B 76

A 87

R 84

F 81

kimphan
    Participant

Thank you Jen J.

Kim

CPAby2018
    Participant

I'm scheduled to take AUD on January 8th. I'm studying with Becker and Ninja MCQ but I'm finding it difficult to get motivated. Becker is so boring! I wish I went with Roger instead. I try to do 60 Ninja MCQ daily, so far trending at 61% with 4 more weeks to go.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 85
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 77
    Put your positive pants on.
    mynameistim7788
    Participant

Question

When financial statements of a prior period are presented on a comparative basis with financial statements of the current period, the continuing auditor is responsible for

A. Expressing dual dated opinions.
    B. Updating the report on the previous financial statements only if there has not been a change in the opinion.
    C. Updating the report on the previous financial statements only if the previous report was qualified and the reasons for the qualification no longer exists.
    D. Updating the report on the previous financial statements regardless of the opinion previously issued.

I picked C. But the Answer is D.

Explanation
    The correct answer is D. When an auditor becomes aware of circumstances or events during his current examination that may cause him to express a different opinion than the one he previously expressed on the prior period's statements, he must update his report of the prior period regardless of what opinion was given. Per AU 700.A51: “ When reporting on the prior period financial statements in connection with th e current period’s audit, the opinion expressed on the prior period financial statements may be different from the opinion previously expressed if the auditor becomes aware of circumstances or events that materially affect the financial statements of a prior period during the course of the audit of the current period.

Answer A is incorrect because expressing dual dated opinions is when a subsequent event extends the time period through which the auditor takes responsibility.

Answer B is incorrect because the auditor’s report from the previous period needs to be updated regardless of the opinion issued.

Answer C is incorrect because the auditor’s report from the previous period needs to be updated regardless of the opinion issued.

AUD - 73
    BEC - 76
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 67
    "The moral of this story is...Don't leave things in the refrigerator"
    ShoudlaBeenACowboy
    Participant

AUD sometime in Q1 (waiting on my nts.. any day now)! Studying seems to be going very well. Audit is definitely my favorite section of the CPA exam (although FAR is a close second). I sincerely dread REG. Either way, I decided to do AUD first since I just finished my auditing course this December; maybe this will help give me a leg up on the test!\

Best of luck to you guys!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "It ain't about how hard you hit. Its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward"
    getnthru209
    Participant

Background: I'm coming back to study and pass this exam after 11 years out of school. I haven't been completely idle – been working for the vast majority of the time. Right now I have had to give up on some of my extra curricular activities – and slow down on starting my own business to focus on this.
    Currently I'm working the Roger program. It's good, but I'm just having a heck of a time getting my head into studying. Between finding a study place that's quiet (Libraries are a no go nowadays) and just getting and staying focused feels like mission impossible. Is there anyone who has had this experience with getting things going to be able to fully and completely focus? I've also noticed that well meaning friends want me to make sure to keep a “balance” with studying and doing fun things, but quite frankly I'm ready to just push them and everything else aside so I can focus and score well. Then I feel like a selfish jerk…so…yeah.

In a nutshell – I feel like I'm barely treading water. Not a great feeling and I'm waiting for my NTS.

famh110
    Participant

Hello All, Planning to take Audit by Jan 10th. Going over the MCQs from now onward till test day using Becker and NINJA. I finished the videos a week ago.
    Good luck everyone! Lets keep each other motivated to study!! I find it very hard to study during the holidays so thats going to be a challenge for sure.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today". (H Jackson Brown, Jr.)

Audit scheduled for 3/10 but currently too distracted to study…waiting on Reg score release

B - 82
    A - 3/10/18
    R - 77
    F - TBD
    LSU Saint CPA
    Participant

Audit on 2.16.18

BEC 75
    AUD 2.16.18
    REG Q2 '18
    FAR Q3 '18

LSU Saint CPA
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 317 total)
  • The topic ‘AUD Study Group – Q1 2018’ is closed to new replies.