BEC Study Group – Q2 2018

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    j3cpa
    Participant

Please be aware that COSO 2017 internal control is effective for April.

This is my last one and I’ve been studying for BEC for the past three weeks. I’m using NINJA and ROGER. Really weird test to study for.

I did it. You can too!

Study Material:
    GLEIM
    BEC - FEB/2012
    AUD - FEB/2012
    FAR - JULY/2012
    REG - JULY/2012

CPA ISA
    Participant

anyone has a summary for the updates in Q2?

AUD - 79
    BEC - 76
    FAR - 79
    REG - NINJA in Training
    CPA SOON ISA
    Nikki374
    Participant

@CPAISA what software are you using? I am using Surgent and my software was updated in January.

Never give up!

FAR - 84 (11/13/17)

AUD - 82 (5/3/17)

REG - 75 (1/27/18)

BEC - 75 (4/29/18)

Surgent CPA Review only

LICENSED IN OH

Jen-J
    Participant

Hiya peeps. Taking BEC on 5/5, studying with Becker. (Which if you are too, go print the replacement pages for the 1st 2 modules in the first chapter). This is my last exam, and I can already tell it's going to be a struggle to stay focused as my mind wandered off some time ago 🙂 Also not looking forward to the writing samples. I'm not a bad writer, but I tend to get panicky in timed writing situations and if that happens I'm toast.

AUD: 87

BEC: 90

FAR: 93

REG: 84

CPA license issued September 2018

Nikki374
    Participant

@Jen J I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling to focus on this last exam. I take BEC on April 14 and I am so ready to be done! Anyone have a good way of memorizing how to calculate all the Overhead Variances? I have the Labor and Material variance formulas memorized.

Never give up!

FAR - 84 (11/13/17)

AUD - 82 (5/3/17)

REG - 75 (1/27/18)

BEC - 75 (4/29/18)

Surgent CPA Review only

LICENSED IN OH

Anonymous
    Inactive

Doing BEC retake June 8th after receiving a 71 in October. Also doing FAR retake May 4th. If I pass these 2, I’m done!

loveandbeloved
    Participant

Retaking FAR in May and retaking BEC in June since it expired a couple weeks ago. Ugh, I would love to pass two in one quarter!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training

aimhigher
    Participant

Taking BEC next…anyone that has Becker can you please tell me if my understanding is correct. The CRIME mnemonic still exist for the COSO Framework. However, “IS EAR AIM” has now been completely replaced by the new update?

FAR - done
    AUD - done
    REG - done
    BEC - Retake Q2 '18

2016 - FAR, BEC, REG, AUD
    Becker & Ninja Audio

Anonymous
    Inactive

@aimhigher:

Yes, you are correct. Basically, all of module 2 ERM Framework has been replaced. Now it is “GO PRO” instead of “IS EAR AIM”. Good Luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is Becker going to be releasing any multiple choice questions for the updated ERM module? Or we kind of on our own for this…

aimhigher
    Participant

@dean on our own if you’re taking it in April. I believe I read somewhere that Becker would update MCQs in May.

Does anyone know if Wiley updated their MCQs?

FAR - done
    AUD - done
    REG - done
    BEC - Retake Q2 '18

Becker & Ninja Audio

Pat
    Participant

I contacted Becker and they gave me a set of MCQ's with the updated ERM framework, not sure if there is anywhere online that it can be found, but they sent them right to me after a quick email.

aimhigher
    Participant

@Pat I am livid…My test is Monday and I did not know Becker was giving out updated MCQS I just tried to call and they are closed for the Holidays….wow

FAR - done
    AUD - done
    REG - done
    BEC - Retake Q2 '18

Becker & Ninja Audio

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the updates on Becker:

1. Click on the “academic support” icon on the top right of the Becker software. The icon looks like a message box.

2. Step 1 will direct you to a new webpage. On that webpage click on “Welcome” on your top right.

3. Scroll down slightly then you will be able to see all the updates. Click on “Business Course Updates”.

4. Everything you need to know regarding the updates.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, Becker does not provide custom tailored MCQ's to its customers. Everyone gets the same MCQ's and they don't send them via email or any other means. They might send you a link on the email that will direct you to the updates section on the software. They will always have the updates and everything else in the software.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 254 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group – Q2 2018’ is closed to new replies.