BEC Study Group – Q1 2018

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    tncpa2018
    Participant

Thanks Jeff.

Studying BEC while waiting on AUD result

AUD - 91
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    ”Success at anything will always come down to this: focus & effort. And we control both...” ~ The Rock
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey @Tncpa2018, I'm awaiting AUD score too. I know I'm going to fail however I want to move on to either BEC or REG but I'm not sure which. I will retake AUD in early January and hopefully either BEC or REG in late January. BEC and AUD overlap with some topics so I'm thinking I should study BEC, however, I'm stronger with REG than BEC.

RB
    Participant

Iris, no one feels good walking out of these

That said, retake AUd if you need them BEC after, mostly because there is a lot of IC / COSO stuff covered on BEC

AUD - 95
    BEC - 98
    FAR - 98
    REG - 91
    Justin - reach out for more help
    tncpa2018
    Participant

That is why I’m taking BEC after AUD. I Initially planned to take FAR, but after looking at my study material I realized there so many overlap with AUD and BEC, specially on IT and IC.

I’m studying BEC (mainly IT and COSO on Internal control) until I get my AUD result. I’m not very comfortable with the IT and internal control part when I took it from AUD. So if I have to retake I’m more prepared with these topic, and if I pass – woot, the topics are BEC covered so I’ll just continue on.

AUD - 91
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    ”Success at anything will always come down to this: focus & effort. And we control both...” ~ The Rock
    UNDGrad2015
    Participant

Hello everyone! I am taking BEC on January 3rd. I work in the financial services industry as a financial reporting accountant. We are coming up to our year-end busy time, which I might be in the minority, I love the busy time, but I look forward to getting BEC done before the busy time. I plan to work on AUD over our busy time and taking that exam right away in April. Study hard everyone! We can all get through this together.

AUD - 71
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 81
    It may take me mutiple tries, but by golly, I am going to pass these exams.
    56_Moves

Hey all, I'm waiting on AUD and REG scores. I passed I will be taking BEC sometime in January. If I failed one or both of them then I will retake them in February and BEC sometime after.

UNDGrad2015
    Participant

Hope everyone is killing it while studying. For those of you that are taking the exam in early January, keep pushing through your material! The end is near and hopefully you can take a quick breather before jumping into the next one!

AUD - 71
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 81
    It may take me mutiple tries, but by golly, I am going to pass these exams.
    jenum27
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am retaking BEC (I took it back in the fall and didn't pass). However, I am going to retake it 2/17/18. I passed AUD earlier this year.

Jenny
    bobby
    Participant

I've got a big question about BEC.

I'm studying for BEC with Becker, and I'm reviewing chapter 2 and am realizing how foreign and difficult these concepts are for me. Like studying the equations for perpetuities, annuities, per-share valuations of equity, and on and on and on, the list goes of formulas and concepts that I cannot get my head around!

For someone who isn't finance-minded, how would you all suggest I work through this? Any good videos that explain these concepts better than Becker? Any rundowns that are helpful? Are there some things that I shouldn't even bother memorizing for the exam?

Thanks!

bobby
    Participant

I should clarify which sections of chapter 2, because of how broad it is.

I mean specifically Module 6, or Financial Valuation Methods.

Thanks!

tncpa2018
    Participant

I passed AUD so I’m officially studying BEC now. Was only intermittently studying topics related to AUD, but now I can go deep dive with BEC. Economics and Cost Accounting was my favorite subjects in undergrad, but IT and Financial Management not so much. Gah, why so many topics squeezed in here? 😲

AUD - 91
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    jenpen
    Participant

Did not pass so I’ll be taking it again next month. This will hopefully be my last one!

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

AUD - 56 - 68 - 61 - 9/8/16
    REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Wiley CPAexcel and NINJA 10 Point Combo

JSirro
    Participant

I just passed Audit and I am moving on to BEC. Looking to take it sometime mid February. Anyone using Becker to study?…..Also I have to say at first glance the guy instructing the lectures online has red marks ALL over the page to the point I find it very unhelpful. Anyone else notice this?

AUD - 79
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    JSirro.com
    CoachEmUp
    Participant

@jennifer I'm sorry to hear about the score. Good news is you can kill it in January and find out in early February. You got this!

Licensed CPA in Michigan

Used Wiley CPA Excel Throughtout
    FAR- 90 (7/17)
    AUD- 89 (8/17)
    REG- 92 (10/17)
    BEC- 94 (11/17)

jenpen
    Participant

Thanks @CoachEmUp!! I'm ready to knock this stuff out once and for all. At least now I can REALLY see that glorious finish line. Just gotta get there. Did you feel like Wiley prepared you? I have it, so I'm thinking I might use it again for this round, and then supplement with Ninja. Gotta find a study method that will work for this nasty test.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

AUD - 56 - 68 - 61 - 9/8/16
    REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Wiley CPAexcel and NINJA 10 Point Combo

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 328 total)
  • The topic ‘BEC Study Group – Q1 2018’ is closed to new replies.