2019 Review course. Gleim, Wiley, Roger, or Becker?

CPA Exam Review CPA Exam Forum FAR Exam Prep & Test Experience FAR Exam Experience 2019 Review course. Gleim, Wiley, Roger, or Becker?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  46inchvert 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

macasleep
    Participant

I work full time and have family members that need medical care. My study plan is 1-1.5 hour per weeknight with Friday off. Saturday 6 hours, and Sunday 4 hours. I will adjust accordingly.

I like a review course that explains the topic well, MCQs and SIMs that prepare me for the actual exam experience. I'm scared of SIMS for some reason. I know I will have to do a lot of practice for MCQ and SIMS. I know it's an ordeal but I truly want the exam out of the way.

I'm leaning toward Gleim because I'm on a budget and heard that the textbook explains the topics well. Roger's lecture is engaging. Wiley and Becker not so good with their lectures and textbooks? Which one helps you understand why you got the answer wrong instead of just memorizing the answer since you've seen it so many times?

I thought about combining Gleim textbooks/lectures with NINJA. I'm going to sign up for the Gleim free trial but I think a 2 week trial doesn't cover the experience of someone who has gone through a review course and exam.

Please share and advise. I appreciate it.

Soda Chanh Duong
    Participant

I’m using Roger now. But roger doesn’t have authoritative literature built in like Becker and the others. Lectures are great though

RoseMarie
    Participant

I use Roger mostly and supplement with NINJA for the notes because I personally don't take notes. I love Rogers lectures compared to other courses I did trials for. Becker was absolute crap lecture wise in my opinion and being that I am an auditory learner it instantly made that one a no go for me. I didn't care for Gleim or Wily. Surgent would have been my second choice for the main program if I hadn't chosen Roger.

FAR - 11/05/18 - 92

BEC - 12/04/18 - 95

AUD - 2/27/19 - 96

REG - 4/17/19 - 93

I’m done!!

CH89
    Participant

Hi There!

I use Wiley and supplement it with Ninja. I like Wiley because of their bite sized lessons. Their FAR lectures I thought were good, but I found it better for me to read their text book instead. I feel their text books do a good job in going into detail. I have also found that for the majority of the MCQs for Wiley, they do provide why a particular answer is wrong, and why this answer is right, which I like. Try them all out and see which one best fits your studying needs. Which ever one you choose, I would definitely suggest using Ninja along with it.

Jimmy Dugan
    Participant

For every person here that loves Becker, there is another that hates Becker and loves Roger, Gleim, or [insert course name here]. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Get the free trials and try them out. Pick the one you like the most.

AUD - 95
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    You're killing me Smalls

Recked
    Recked
    Participant

Highly recommend using all the free trials before putting down the cash.
    I went with Roger basic course, and Gleim physical textbooks and test bank.
    Figure out your learning style first, then see which course best fits the learning style.
    After you do the free trials you will get coupon codes, and you can always call and ask for a discount.
    If you go with Gleim be sure to ask for Debbie.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

46inchvert
    Participant

I agree with Recked above. I personally use Becker and it gets the job done. My best friend used Rogers and it got him a CPA license. It's all about personal preference. Try the free trials and write down a list of pros and cons. Then make a decision. Good luck!

If someone with a Georgia "edumucation" can do this, you can too. Stay positive and work hard!
    AUD 78
    BEC 80
    FAR 80
    REG 81
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Would You Hate It If I Gave You $162.12 Of Free CPA Review Material That Will Help You…

1) Study Less

2) Avoid Common CPA Candidate Mistakes

3) Get Higher Scores

4) Spend More Time with Friends and Family

5) Finally Pass and Get On With Your Life?