25 days till BEC

• Creator
    Topic
    TCav12579
    Participant

Hey all, I am embarking on studying for my last section (pending a pass in FAR). I made a rookie mistake of scheduling all 4 exams on one NTS. With that being said, I have 25 days until I have to take BEC on 6/8 before my NTS expires at the end of June. Has anyone been through a similar situation or have any insight on my best options for making this attempt at BEC successful in such a short amount of time? I have Becker as my study materials…

I am also looking for any tips/tricks on heavily focused on areas or anything of the sort. Maybe some areas that are more complicated but not heavily tested on. Thanks in advance!

AUD - 99

BEC - 6/8/18

FAR - 5/12/18

REG - 86

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

25 days for BEC is good especially if you don't work. COSO, IT, and variance analysis are some of the topics that I benefited from knowing well. Not to be a d!ck but if you pulled off a 99 on an exam I don't think you need any advice haha

TCav12579
    Participant

Luckily, I have a gap between my graduation and starting full time so I am currently not working. Thanks for the insight, I will make sure to know those well. I like to be prepared haha… Worked out that I had just finished up with my Audit class before I took my exam so that definitely helped!

AUD - 99

BEC - 6/8/18

FAR - 5/12/18

REG - 86

mosaic
    Participant

For what it's worth, I just took BEC and COSO wasn't as heavy as I expected. I echo cost accounting and IT. And any business decision metric such as EVA, NPV, IRR, incremental cost, and so forth.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 98
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    I never drive faster than I can see. And, besides that, it's all in the reflexes.
    Superdude3000
    Participant

Smart man, I did the same and finished before I started working this past fall. Get it done – greatest decision I've ever made.

REG - 92 (1/17)

BEC - 82 (2/17)

AUD - 89 (5/17)

FAR - 94 (9/17)

Rogers Elite + Becker mcqs/sims for all 4 exams

WA State Ethics Exam - 83, 83, 90 (9/17)

AICPA Ethics Exam - 95 (9/17)

1-year of work - complete (11/18)

Licensed WA State CPA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also heard that financial management and cost accounting have been heavily tested this quarter. Interesting because Becker focuses too much on the aforementioned topics, which is a good thing.

sacpa
    Participant

@TCav12579: What a killer score in AUD! Can you share some tips for AUD? Thanks in advance!

Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.

FAR - < than 75, 10/2013, 2/2015
    BEC - < than 75, 10/2013
    AUD - < than 75, 8/2015, 1/2016

~ Winners fail until they succeed. Losers quit when they fail. - Robert Kiyosaki
    ~ I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me.
    ~ Something will grow from all you are going through. And it will be YOU.
    ~ Right now you may not be where you intend to be, but it's where you need to be in order to get where you want to go.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.