Over 3 weeks after PwC interview

• Creator
    Topic
    lonestar
    Participant

It took me nearly a month moving from receving the phone interview invitation to actually executing the phone interview. The recruiter said that her eamil address got technical gliches, which I’m not sure about it. Anyway, I passe the phone interview and got invitated for a office visit and then the two-on-one interview.

The interview hasn’t gone well, truth to be told. I think that I’m over qualified for that entry-level position however to get licensed I have to gain that auditing experience. The manager might feel threatened and I could feel it.

This is not even a pamanent job but I’m so happy about it if I could get it. ‘coz I have planned out after getting liscensed. I’m not that type of people who strived to stay in a big company till death. However hiring me will also give PwC the best performance which I also need to get licensed.

Finger crossed that I will get this damn fucking job!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    maxb
    Participant

i had an in office interview with kpmg in mid april, then a second round in office interview in the beginning of june/late may and still haven't heard back yet. firms are moving super slow right now, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Son
    Participant

@lonestar, the truth be told, manager was likely not “threatened” but rather skeptical about how serious you are about starting from the bottom of the food chain again. She is already a CPA and has at least 4-5 years of experience in public. If your current work history doesn't even qualify you for a CPA license I don't see how the manager would think you pose a threat.

Big4s are mostly looking for eager puppies who can work hard doing mundane work for the first two-three years. If you had an “I'm too good to do this s@@t” attitude going into the interview it's going to hurt you a lot more than anything else.

AUD - passed
    REG - passed
    BEC - passed
    FAR - passed

Missy
    Participant

Curious how you're overqualified exactly? Do you have audit experience? The big 4 rarely even contact someone for an entry level position who are overqualified for the job.

Old timer,  A71'er since 2010.

Finance manager/HR manager

Licensed Massachusetts Non Reporting CPA since 2012
    Finance/Admin/HR Manager

zchen42
    Participant

Do you guys have any update?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.