3 weeks till AUD – too late for supplemental?

• Creator
    Topic
    SiNGjAi
    Participant

My exam is on January 21 and I’m currently on vacation from work and will be going back on January 3rd. I’m using Becker and trying to hammer out 1 chapter per 2-3 days and will be done with chapter 1. With me being this late, would it be worth it to use Ninja MCQ or should I stick with Becker? I know it would be a no brainer to purchase but I don’t even know if I have enough time to finish all the Becker material yet alone tackle Ninja. Pushing back the exam may not be an option since I’ll be starting busy season right.

My current way of studying is reading the chapter then doing all MCQ for it. For those working full-time and successfully passed AUD in a month, mind sharing your experience?

Thanks!

AUD - 80
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 81
    REG - 87
    whyhello
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Goingallin
    Participant

If time is an issue, I would just stick with Beckers. My belief is Supplemental material is helpful only after reviewing your “main” study material. I've heard a lot of people passing AUD using Becker alone. I have no experience with Ninja so can't vouch for it.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 75
    REG - 82
    donotgiveup!!
    RobertJason
    Participant

I can't speak to AUD, but I usually add supplemental materials towards the end of my study window (REG 2 weeks before the exam; FAR 4 weeks before; BEC 3 weeks before). I prefer adding Ninja MCQ even if I'm only 30% through the Becker MCQs because it's ‘fresh'. Even if I've done 300 Becker MCQs and have 1,000 left I prefer to supplement for a change of pace and sometimes the topic/terminology is slightly different and you get a better feel for what to expect. Also, it's not that expensive in the scheme of what we're hoping to achieve here.

Robert Jason

FAR (9/16)-Pass! 86 (11 weeks,180 hrs)
    * Becker Book/MCQ, Ninja MCQ
    BEC (10/16)-Pass! 89 (4 weeks, 100 hrs)
    * Becker Book/Vid/MCQ, Rogers Book, Ninja MCQ
    REG (1/17)-Pass! 87 (9 weeks, 120 hrs)
    * Becker Book/Vid, Ninja MQC/notes
    AUD (3/17)-Pass! 75 (2 weeks, 50 hrs)
    * Ninja MCQ

JTNinja
    Participant

All I did for AUD was 50 hrs of Ninja MCQ in 2 1/2 weeks. I work full time, enjoy~

AUD - 76
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - NINJA in Training

Scared-cpa
    Participant

I've never taken AUD so I can't speak for that exam specifically, however I can say that I believe Ninja really has helped me more thoroughly understand the material. My first go around with FAR, I used Wiley CPA EXCEL and WTB and I learned what a lot of answers to questions were because “that's just the right answer.” Ninja has helped me actually understand why answers are right and why others are wrong. The related term definitions and references included within each answer explanation help solidify knowledge on topics you may not fully understand beforehand. I think 3 weeks is plenty of time to use it as a supplement. You may not be able to get through all the questions, but do custom sets of new questions only each time so you don't get repeats. This way you will review as may topics as possible. One again, I am not positive if AUD is the same way, but I also found Ninja Simulations to be much more similar to the actual exam than Wiley. They give me curve balls to wall through like the actual exam did, and I appreciate it!

"The more I practice, the luckier I get."

FAR - 67, 82 (Expires 07/31/18)
    AUD - 68, 79
    REG - 75
    BEC - 82

Wiley CPAexcel + Ninja

I cannot believe I am done.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.