30 Days to Study for FAR!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    QueenCPA
    Participant

Please advice 🙂

Will 30 days be sufficient for FAR?

And are there any tips I should consider.

I am planning to use Becker + Ninja MCQ’s.

"And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful .Yes, make our efforts successful"

Amen 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Recked
    Participant

Anything is possible.
    If you expect to invest 160-200 hours over 30 days it will be 5-7 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    I am not sure about you but I found I can typically only spend 2 hours studying, then need to take a little break, then another 2 and another break, then another 2.
    You have to know your own limits and realize when you start re-reading the same sentence 5 times and its still not sinking in that you should step away for a bit.
    Someone recommended to me to study 50 minutes on, 10 minutes off. I have not tried that approach yet, but intend to see how it works for me.

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

mafalo1989
    Participant

I'm going to say no. I've been studying since the day after Easter and I take my exam this Friday and I still feel totally unprepared. There's just SO MUCH information. The amount of information is just so overwhelming. I've studied probably about 8 hours a day 4-5 days a week for about 4 months and I still don't feel ready for it. I guess it depends on how dedicated you are to studying it too but in my opinion that's not enough time, I would have literally died if I had that little of time to study for it.

FAR- 7/14

AUD- 8/31

REG- 11/10

BEC- TBD

CoachEmUp
    Participant

If you're putting in 8+ hours a day it's do-able, but you won't have much time to review.

Personally I've studied 4-6 hours a day about 6 days a week for a total of what will be 2 months. I'm currently inside 2 weeks left and all am I doing is reviewing.

You can do it but you're really going to have to push yourself hard to do it. My suggestion (and not trying to be mean) is to spend less time here and dedicate as much time as possible to knocking out the material so you can get longer to review. I've seen things in the past 4 days of reviewing that are extremely valuable had I not had time to review/bang out MCQ's.

Licensed CPA in Michigan

Used Wiley CPA Excel Throughtout
    FAR- 90 (7/17)
    AUD- 89 (8/17)
    REG- 92 (10/17)
    BEC- 94 (11/17)

QueenCPA
    Participant

Thank you so much.

I will be studying full-time so 10 hours daily is certainly doable.

Do you all think Becker + Ninja is adequate or are there any other good supplements for FAR, may be Gleim or Wiley?

"And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful .Yes, make our efforts successful"

Amen 🙂

K.Asho
    Participant

I believe it's possible. I was able to pass FAR in one month. Though my technique was rigorous, I wasn't working at the time so I literally studied non-stop. I didn't bother clocking how many hours I studied, instead I focused on what I was able to get done in a day. I basically gave myself 2 days to finish a chapter (readings, MCQs and Simulations), I only watched lectures for topics that confused me. Also, by completing a chapter every two days I was able to give myself about 10 days worth of review time. I made sure to constantly take progress tests as I worked my way through the chapters to ensure I wasn't forgetting previous topics (this step was very important!). Also with FAR you are able to jump around the study topics since they're pretty much independent of one another. I started with the Government and Non-for-profit chapters first as they were the most foreign topic to me and it was a huge help on the exam. But like I said I didn't have anything going on in my life at the time so I was able to study like this. Either way the key is to remain consistent and dedicated.

By the way I used Becker and I hear Ninja MCQ is a great supplement.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 84
    Don't Quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.  -Muhammad Ali

FAR_SUCKS
    Participant

I think it depends on the person. For me: no chance.

Im studying 6-8 hours a day and am struggling, per the username I created yesterday. I did well in school but damn FAR is a whole new beast.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.