4 days to go – FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    beatthecpa
    Participant

I have 4 days before I test for FAR. I am a nervous wreck!
    What do you suggest for my last 4 days? I use Becker and have not practiced any sims except for the AICPA sample test.
    Do I keep practicing mcqs or hit the sims?
    How do I strategize to improve my chances of passing?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Preksha
    Participant

Have you taken any Mock Exams? If not take a mock exam and then go over your weak areas by hammering MCQ's, going through the Becker book and doing the SIM's. By doing SIM's I mean is to just look at the question and then the Solution and the SkillMaster Video for that SIM

AUD - 77
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 90
    REG - 88
    " All you need is the plan, the road map and the courage to press on to your destination"  - Earl Nightingale
    ihopeipassed
    Participant

I didn't practice many SIMs for FAR, but as I was doing progress tests during the end, I mixed in a few SIMs.

AUD - 88
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 77
    REG - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 77 (12/6/2018)

BEC - 85 (8/17/2018)

AUD - 72 (2/22/2019), 88 (4/15/2019)

REG - (6/7/2019)

Jimmy Dugan
    Participant

Do some sims. I took it last week and thought the sims were a little harder than I remember for the others. I would do 20 or 25 and watch all of the skillmaster videos as someone else mentioned. You might even want to circle back through a few of the chapters and do the skillbuilder exercises. They help you understand the material at a higher level than the MCQ can accomplish.

Outside of that, focus on the 2-3 areas you are having trouble with. That was governmental for me and I hit it hard the last few days.

AUD - 95
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    You're killing me Smalls

LittleTimmy
    Participant

I passed FAR last month, never practiced any SIMs, also passed AUD and BEC without practicing any SIMs.

Make sure you know the Government fund types, fund statements, encumbrances….
    Know Nonprofits and how to handle pledges/donations…
    Know Cash/Bank reconciliation steps
    Know how to handle Contingencies, Subsequent Events (i always use the number 1331 to easily remember contingencies and how to handle the classification groupings)
    Know Earnings Per Share, the basic and diluted formulas

BEC- passed 16 months ago

AUD- passed 12 months ago

FAR- passed 3 months ago

REG- 69 , 63, 81

beatthecpa
    Participant

Thank you guys for your valuable inputs.

I have another question, how would you allocate time on the exam? This is what I had followed for the others:

1 – 45 mins
    2 – 45 mins
    3 – 30 mins
    4 – 60 mins
    5 – 60 mins

Do FAR sims require more time? There have been quite a few posts about not being able to complete the sims

Jimmy Dugan
    Participant

The FAR SIMS required more time from me definitely. I finished BEC and REG with 45 min to an hour remaining and went all the way to the buzzer during FAR even though I was done with both MC testlets in about an hour and 20 minutes. I think 40-45 minute pace on each MC testlet leaves you enough time to get the Sims done.

AUD - 95
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    You're killing me Smalls

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.