48 Hours & No Motivation

• Creator
    Topic
    jenpen
    Participant

I have exactly 48 hours until my scheduled exam time. I also have zero motivation to continue studying. I took off work to cram and get everything ready, but I just want to veg and watch tv or sleep. I’m having problems convincing myself to work on this. I’m just so ready to be done!

Ok, rant over. Back to studying…

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

AUD - 56 - 68 - 61 - 9/8/16
    REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Wiley CPAexcel and NINJA 10 Point Combo

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm so ready for this journey to be over. I will be sitting for what I hope to be my last section tomorrow.

I thought I was good on studying but just yesterday I have found an excellent resource that I wish I found sooner. I have been glued to the computer screen ever since and am so much more confident in my ability to pass now that I found this resource (its been THAT useful).

Well time will tell…only a few more weeks til score release.

I feel your pain but its crunch time baby! Get yourself and mind in the zone. Maybe even look into vitamins/supplements that help with cognitive ability. I found a supplement that works wonders for me.

Tncincy
    Participant

Come on Jennifer, let's get that 75. You can do this. Zig Ziglar says: You don't wait to get motivated to do a thing, you do the thing and you'll get motivated. Not a verbatim quote but I am sure you get it. Stop waiting to feel like studying. Study and the energy will come. Yes, I resulted to one of my old college days motivation cd, Zig Ziglar on Goals. You can do it.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

MeanJoe
    Participant

BrickellCPA… and that resource is???

For the OP… hammer MCQ over and over

BEC - Passed September 2016

AUD - Passed December 2016

REG - Passed May 2017

FAR - Passed March 2018

jenpen
    Participant

What section are you sitting for Brickell?

I'm hoping this is my last section, also, but I won't know where I stand until scores come back. I'll have 2 that day, so could potentially be done.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

jenpen
    Participant

I'm working on MCQs, just finding myself getting easily distracted. Like @Tncincy suggested, it is getting better the more I do it. I'll get there eventually. I'm just so ready for Friday! Break time!

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Bourne
    Participant

I'm in the same boat. <48 hours and I'm venturing on to every other website imaginable besides MCQ's

AUD- 82
    REG- 86
    FAR- 86
    BEC- 88
    Recked
    Participant

This thread made me think of this song and laugh.

I am also struggling to stay focused, but I keep hammering on the MCQ's.
    Upward and onward!

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

S6
    Participant

same boat as you! taking BEC tomorrow 12/6 and no motivation what so ever haha.
    im just solidifying COSO and IT concepts at the moment, then ill be hammering Ninja MCQ for the next 8-9 hours straight

Repetition is the father of learning...

AUD:  62, 72, 75

REG: 57, 71, 79

BEC: 63, 74, 65, 74, 86

FAR: 64, 67, 76

Ethics: 92

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm studying for REG. I took it before so I know what to expect and the resource I found has hit the nail on the head with what I've been looking for to practice. It's kinda sad despite making posts in the past that no one has even mentioned or recommended it to me.

I will also be waiting on two score releases after tomorrow, but I'm fairly confident that each will be a pass.

@MeanJoe I signed up for Becker's free trial. It only gives me full access to individual taxation, but it hits the nail on the head with what I was looking for based on my previous experience taking the exam.

The software, MCQs, SIM practice questions, and videos are all excellent.

Put it this way, if for whatever reason I don't pass this time around, I know where I will happily put my money.

jenpen
    Participant

@S6 What course are you using for the IT and COSO? I plan on going back through both of those sections today, also.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

jenpen
    Participant

Good to know @BrickellCPA! I remember seeing your post the other day about the Becker trial for REG. I'm not confident I passed in October, so I'll file that away if I have to retake it in January.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jennifer you are so close!!!! I remember just telling myself after Friday-no studying! Just knowing that the end is near, was motivation enough. I am taking a break until the 19th, and really hope I don't have to restudy FAR (but fully prepared to do so).

S6
    Participant

@jennifer strictly ninja material along with Roger's book. Last time i took BEC (back in May), the COSO and IT were extensive but somewhat manageable. Im just solidifying the main concepts like i did before, to help me hash out the MCQ during the exam. My downfall last time was not having a comfort level with all the other material (especially cost accounting), so as of now im just going to review every area to gain familiarity with whatever they throw at me tomorrow. Hope it works lol

Repetition is the father of learning...

AUD:  62, 72, 75

REG: 57, 71, 79

BEC: 63, 74, 65, 74, 86

FAR: 64, 67, 76

Ethics: 92

emichelle2321
    Participant

@BrickellCPA – I am using Becker to review REG right now – what SIMS are you really loving that you've worked through so far? Would love your insight!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 84
    REG - 83
    Done!!!!!
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I have the free trial and it only gives me access to individual taxation, but it has been very comparable to what I remember having the most difficulty with when I last took the exam.

NINJA has been good to me on my previous sections, but it hasn't done the trick for me when studying for REG.

From what I can tell with Becker though is that the MCQs seem more comprehensive and more closely resemble the type of questions I remember seeing on the exam. And the Becker SIMs have DRS practice questions which many of the review courses don't have yet!

I've done at least 200+ Becker MCQs since yesterday. I'm going to wrap them up now and then work on the free Becker SIMs for the rest of the night until my exam tomorrow morning.

Any SIM on individual taxation, corporate taxation, and property transactions are a must study in my opinion. This means AGI calculations, itemized deductions, credits and phaseouts, AMT, NOLs, capital gains/losses, partnership basis, gift taxes, charitable contributions, alimony, etc.

All that good stuff…know it inside out. Becker absolutely nails it based on what I've seen so far.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.