50 days until FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Everyone,

I am a graduate student taking FAR on 12/9 (first CPA exam). I have roughly 50 days from now and I am using Becker about to start F7. I have been doing everything Becker tells you to do, except I’ve been slacking on Progress Tests. I have been doing alright on the MCQ averaging from high 60s to high 70s and a few 80s (I think that’s because I take the MCQ right after the lectures when the information is fresh) I haven’t reviewed any of the materials I’ve learned and I’m learning new materials everyday so I am having trouble retaining all of the information.

Because of this information overload, I recently purchased Ninja Sniper. I want to ask a few questions. Should I skip Sims and MCQs on Becker and just watch the lectures on Becker and do MCQs on Ninja?
    IF so, should I watch all of the lectures and do Ninja MCQs or should I watch each lecture and then do MCQs regarding to those topics only.

I have 50 days from now on currently on F7. How many days/hours should I give myself to finish the rest (I’ve heard F7-F10 are very important) and How many days/hours should I give myself to review everything.

With what I have (Becker + Ninja MCQ) What should I do to review and should I purchase the Becker Final Review? and also do you recommend that I do AICPA released questions at some point?

In summary, I want to use the last 50 days I have until the exam in the most effective way possible to prepare for the exam. (I feel I haven’t been using my time very efficiently). As you can tell I am a rookie ninja and any advice will be appreciated.
    Thank you!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

@eas0014, although I am a very old candidate, we're in the same boat.

Well, since you already have Becker, and you're almost done with all the chapters, finish reading your Becker book, watched your videos, and I am assuming you're making notes at the same time.

With your Ninja, make sure:
    – You finish your MCQs/SIMs app. If you missed some, make sure to redo them before the exam.
    – Make sure to watch all Ninja Plus videos, especially the Gov'tal Accounting, NPO & the SIMs review video by Mr. Monette – make notes at the same time (don't forget, it's very important – esp for SIMs).

– If you still have time left, read your Ninja notes, books, audios, flashcards, blitz, and re-read all your Ninja notes you made, this will help you with your actual SIMs exam. There aren't that many SIMs practices there, esp. the DRS ones that are seen during the actual exam. The closest you get for SIMs materials are to visit the AICPA site, for Sample tests and improvise on your Becker and Ninja's materials.

As to buying a Becker Final review exam, it's up to you, if you still have time left, after your regular Becker materials and Ninja Sniper materials. For what you got, you have more than enough.

One thing I learned with my Q3 2017 FAR exam experiment, I needed newer materials, and be a better test-taker during the actual exam, to be able to do 45/45/25/60/65 testlet time allocation. I was 60/60/30/45/45 during my 2017 Q3 FAR. Time management is as important as knowing your FAR materials during the exam.

Goodluck.

AUD - 49
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 55
    Passed: AUD (75%'08/77%'17), REG (76%'09) & BLaw(77%'99); highest on FAR (63%'11/'15) & BEC (63%'11). Credit Hours: USA(PH)-BCom'85(4yr-grandfathered); UBC-(DAP'02/'19); DC-(BBA-Acctg.'22-4th yr)=over 150 hrs credits
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@EarlaTheBean Thank you! I didn't know Ninja Sniper came with Videos, and what do you mean when you say “be able to do 45/45/25/60/65 testlet time allocation”

jenpen
    Participant

Testlet time allocation means the number of minutes for each testlet. The first two are all MCQs, so it is generally recommended to spend no more than 45 minutes on each. The third testlet starts the SIM portion and has I believe 2, so 25 minutes there. The next 2 SIM testlets each have 3 I believe so 60 minutes for each, which will give you an extra 5 minutes to allocate elsewhere if needed. The exams are 4 hours.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

AUD - 56 - 68 - 61 - 9/8/16
    REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Wiley CPAexcel and NINJA 10 Point Combo

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jennifer Got it thank you! If anybody uses/used Ninja MCQ with Becker. Do you usually skip Becker MCQ, SIMs?

shawn in VA
    Participant

50 days!! take a break for 20 days and hit the gas for the last 30 days.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    AUD - 84

BEC-  81

REG-75

FAR- TBD

@eas0014
    As to:
    “If anybody uses/used Ninja MCQ with Becker. Do you usually skip Becker MCQ, SIMs?”

I made an honest reply at least an hour ago, but for some reasons, it didn't go through. Maybe I wrote something that will make few people ‘unhappy', or maybe get a huge bonus! LOL!

For whatever reason, I trust the Another71.com Team Support's good judgement for not posting it.

@shawninVA,
    Currently doing that right now with my FAR/REG/BEC exams for 2017 Q4. But I don't say it like a break, more like preparing my notes, just before the last month of Ninja MCQs/SIMs, and before all my 3 sections exam days.

AUD - 49
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 55
    Passed: AUD (75%'08/77%'17), REG (76%'09) & BLaw(77%'99); highest on FAR (63%'11/'15) & BEC (63%'11). Credit Hours: USA(PH)-BCom'85(4yr-grandfathered); UBC-(DAP'02/'19); DC-(BBA-Acctg.'22-4th yr)=over 150 hrs credits

@eas0014,
    As to,

If anybody uses/used Ninja MCQ with Becker. Do you usually skip Becker MCQ, SIMs?,

Depending on what's your short and long term plan with Becker. I haven't purchased 4 sections full-set of Becker since 2008, and 2010 for BEC & FAR Final review.

I remember doing all MCQs/SIMs just to get the ‘continuing help credit option', until you pass. To qualify, must be 90+% done with homework – MCQs/SIMs for a year. You have to check with Becker.

This Q4 2017 FAR/REG/BEC, I am not using my 2014 Becker FAR/AUD/BEC/REG MCQs/SIMs (Amazon cloud library), like in the past. I managed to get these test banks, just before they stopped selling them through Amazon.

Going back to your question, depending on your time, can you do both Becker & Ninja MCQs/SIMs with the time you have?
    If not, and you choose to do Ninja MCQs/SIMs only, make sure you cover ALL items included in your Ninja Sniper package.

In addition, you have to read your whole Becker textbook, watched your videos, and make notes at the same time. Also, try to briefly do Becker SIMs at least.

Your FAR score is 50% MCQs/50% SIMs. Ninja's MCQs app is fine, but the SIMs part must come from few sources as possible: Becker + Ninja Materials + AICPA site. You need to improvise, depending on what you need for the exam.

Good luck.

AUD - 49
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 55

I am working on my FAR exam too (scheduled for 12/2). By your post I am guessing this is your first exam, so prior experience on these Exams can not guide you.

I am 10+ years out of Undergrad, went back for my Masters in 2016 and thought 2017- CPA, why not 🙂

If you are just a FT student I think you will be ok time wise.

For material though you have to use your best judgement on how well you are understanding the info (which will be key to MCQ and SIMS). If you understand Becker and have been moving along with Becker Lectures I would stick to that. Once you have completed lectures you should have sufficient knowledge and understanding for any MCQ from any course.
    If and only if you have time and/or need additional lecture videos for topics would I move onto the Ninja version.

My method has been review course lectures (Roger), thereafter MCQ until the exam – BEC I only used Roger MCQ and for REG and AUD used mix Roger MCQ and more heavily Ninja MCQ. I felt most comfortable with MCQ portion of both exams for which I used Ninja.

I have no experience with Becker but I do know if I looked @ my Wiley study guide before completing lectures I would be confused bc set up was different (and sometimes more intense) than my Roger videos. The Wiley material I would usually review on my commutes and was never part of my main study plan.

Hope this helps and happy studying!! <3

BEC - Passed

REG - Passed

AUD - Passed

FAR - Passed

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.