5/31 BEC Experience

• Creator
    Topic
    Ben

Hello ninjas. I wanted to share my AAR of the new BEC exam while it is still fresh on my mind. This is my third time taking BEC over a year, with a 64 and a 70 behind me. I’m using Ninja 10 point combo and added Rogers Cram course this time.

I completed the exam with roughly 2 hours left. Both testlets were pretty well balanced as far as topics, although it was still heavy on IT. There were roughy 4 IT questions that I feel they pulled completely out of thin air. The rest were covered in both the ninja material and Rogers BEC cram material. Jeff if that is too far over the disclosure line, feel free to edit.

This was the easiest set of MCQ I’ve had. The second testlet was more difficult, relatively speaking, but it was still not terribly difficult. I flagged a total of 11 questions that I was unsure on and at least 4 of those I feel pretty confident would be pre-test if this was the old exam. It seemed very balanced as far as computations vs knowledge. The computations were easier and there weren’t as many questions with needless amounts of numbers or info. The questions definitely made you think a little more, as in understanding why you’re answering this question vs just regurgitating a definition or rule.

The sims were very straight forward. There is no way they would take you by surprise if you were reasonably prepared to take the exam. One sim was harder than the others, but it was more due to vaguely worded information and answer choices than being difficult based on content. I had access to every single ratio and formula I would ever need during the sims. I’m not kidding. Every single BEC related ratios was on there. I dont know if thats a standard page or just the one I got with my specific sims.

The memos were topics that were easier to write on than my past experiences but otherwise same stuff different day.

If this was a normal exam from college, I would be sitting back knowing I made a solid B on it. Maybe a low A. Things being the way they are, I feel cautiously optimistic that I did finally get my 75.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.