61% trending on FAR and 22 days until test? is this ok?

• Creator
    Topic
    NYaccountingstudent
    Participant

I read through the Trending VS Actual thread here on another71 and im starting to get nervous.

a 61 trending doesnt seem like im going to pass

Is my trending score lower because im still selecting “only new questions”???

I am about 50% thorugh the adaptive learning phase and i finished Becker program

AUD - 75
    BEC - 78
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    One shot to pass FAR or i lose credit for REG
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    sallybreann
    Participant

I took far in January. Studied with Becker all the way through and then did Ninja MCQ’s my last three weeks. I was trending 69% the day I took the test/ and you have 22 days left- I had the same setting as you in that I only worked new/trouble questions. I think you are just fine. My advice is to continue to use the Becker book in your studies – read/review/take notes from it and then do 20 MCQ’s on that subject in Ninja on your problem areas. The Becker pass keys are great in my opinion.

FAR - 82

BEC - 74, 82

AUD - 78

REG - 80

Sticky Nicky
    Participant

im at 75% ave and 85% trending with 300 questions not answered correctly,,,ive seen all questions,,i did the same thing as you do, new questions only, my averages are diluted due to Govt which im in the 50%'s for, I'm 7 days out from testing and im shittin bricks so if i were you i would be too, but you have time to drill hard into your weak areas

AUD - 87
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 88
    REG - 80

Iceman6
    Participant

Im at 66% with 5 days to go so Im just plugging away and re-reading my notes / trouble questions and praying for a 75

AUD - 79
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 78
    REG - 80
    After 4 long years, I'm done.
    Anthony
    Participant

With 22 days to go you have plenty of time to bring it up.

If all you're doing is attacking never seen before question then yeah, it's common for scores of 60-50s. I went through several recent sessions of nothing but never seen before questions and I was getting scores of 60-75s and a good chunk of it were I'm weak at.

Just make sure you are learning, because scores doesn't mean much with out understanding the concepts.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 81
    REG - 82
    FAR - 74 first attempt
    fahad gulzar
    Participant

your good, just make sure you review government and non profit, you will get MCQ on them in the exam.

AUD - 73
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 77
    REG - 85
    This is exam is not about IQ but about consistency which is the key to passing
    Mary
    Participant

I feel you NY!!! I am in the exact same boat but I am trending 58% with 22 days to go. Luckily as the others have said we have time. 3 full weekends left!!! We can do this!!!

AUD - 84
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 90
    REG - 81
    Licensed IL CPA
    EZ_Sims_4_me_Pls
    Participant

I really wouldn't put too much focus on how you're trending..

ive noticed that a lot of people who trend in the 80's and higher end up bombing on the exams.

for audit, I was trending in the 50's, and got an 80 on the test…. 60's on REG and i got a 79…none of the things that I was having difficulty with showed up on the exam.

with FAR and REG, IMO nothing can prepare you for the simulations.

I have not felt sufficiently prepared for any of these exams.. just study hard and do your best.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 77
    REG - 79
    one step closer
    NeedsA75
    Participant

EZ_Sims, since you brought it up do you feel that your study material prepared you for the AUD sims? As you mentioned, nothing can truly prepare you for the FAR or REG sims

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

EZ_Sims_4_me_Pls
    Participant

I use Gleim primarily and Ninja to supplement

the Gleim sims for audit were quite good (didn't use any other simulation software). A few of the concepts showed up directly on my test.

the AL was helpful as well in my experience, so I made sure to become familiar with it the week leading up to the test so I could navigate easier.

I feel that a person's results from the test will depend largely on their temperament. For example, I have friends who have panicked as they began the exams, and therefore were not able to think clearly.

before I start each test, I close my eyes, take a few deep breaths, and clear my mind… this helps me to address each individual question as it comes up… keeping a clear mind helps me to remember the things that ive studied.

it's also a lot about how you manage your time during the test, and your overall strategy… for example, I rushed straight through the audit MCQ, and had 3 hours left for the simulations, because I felt they were going to be my saving grace.

everything turned out alright.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 77
    REG - 79
    one step closer
    EZ_Sims_4_me_Pls
    Participant

I also use Adderall, armodafinil, and I wear a nicotine patch each test LOL

AUD - 80
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 77
    REG - 79
    one step closer
    NeedsA75
    Participant

LOL goddamn, 3 hours for the sims? But yes, I am one of those who will panic if I start getting short on time or see a string of unfamiliar material. Clearing your mind and time management are key, I agree.

I'm also using Gleim and Ninja for AUD so it makes me feel better that you felt Gleim sims were sufficient!@

Lastly, overall how did you feel AUD difficulty was to FAR and REG?

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

EZ_Sims_4_me_Pls
    Participant

whenever I see material that im not familiar with in the MCQ, I just conclude to myself that it's a pretest question and won't affect my score.. this helps me to save time, keeps me from panicking…. and it may actually end up being the truth. I think a lot of people waste time on questions that end up not counting toward their score.

Q4 of 2016 was supposed to just be for REG, but I decided to sign up for audit just so I could get a peek at what sorts of material may be on the test.

this left me a little over a week to study audit.

I mentioned previously that I was trending in the 50's in Gleim when I went to sit for the exam… that's part of the reason why I sped through the MCQ's to get to the SIMS (I heard they were largely based on FAR-type material, which im pretty good with).

I figured if I could get a decent portion of the MCQ's right by guessing, and crush the SIMS, I could squeak out a pass. I ended up scoring “comparable” on the MCQ, and “stronger” on the sims, pulling a 2-for-1 for that window… was pretty stoked on that.

compared to FAR and REG, the AUD exam was way easier for me. There isn't really any area that could include computations, and I was, for the most part, able to logic and reason my way through the test even though my trending scores reflected that I didn't really understand the material very well.

AUD was the test I was most concerned about… because it never really made sense to me – not in undergrad, grad, or in my CPA pursuit.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 77
    REG - 79
    one step closer
    NYaccountingstudent
    Participant

i had to google what armodafinil is lol

AUD - 75
    BEC - 78
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    One shot to pass FAR or i lose credit for REG
    NeedsA75
    Participant

Did I read that right? You passed AUD with only a week of study? If so, that's impressive and gives me hope as I've been studying the better part of 2 months now

AUD - 96
    BEC - 86
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    PETH - 92
    Licensed in California

EZ_Sims_4_me_Pls
    Participant

it was a little over a week yeah, about 10 days or so.

I wasn't planning on passing, but I figured hell… the test is 60% multiple choice, so there's always a chance.

I kinda shake my head when people take a test in the middle of the window, and then take the rest of the window off… why not put another test at the very end and cram? give yourself a shot.. ya know?

you could very well end up lucking out like I did.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 77
    REG - 79
    one step closer
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.