Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I made a 74 again in Audit.
    Dang! I can’t believe it.

My scores below for audit.

Some advice please!

NASBA hates me. Haha

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So sorry to hear (73 on FAR), i would change study material. It's quite possible that you memorized the questions. Also try to take notes and leave more time to review. Best of luck. I'm using Wiley and Ninja for my retake

Wannafree
    Participant

Which materials you use ?

WannaB
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using Becker and Wiley test bank. I used Ninja for my second retake.

My Becker license expired. What other materials do you think I should use?

Excel or Roger?

cpaMD86
    Participant

IMO, Audit was Roger's strongest course. Roger + Ninja MCQ worked great for me.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79
    Be willing to be inconvenienced for your conviction.

Roger/Ninja MCQ/Ninja Notes

FAR: 9/3

Anonymous
    Inactive

How was Roger with FAR?

I'm thinking of taking a break from Audit.

Theodore
    Participant

@TXCPA2016 I switched to NINJA MCQs second time around. Becker didn't really explain the answers. NINJA did and gave me more information on each question.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 76
    REG - 76
    No one said it would be easy.

FAR: 66, 76!
    REG: 76!
    AUD: 72, 9/7/2016
    BEC: TBA

Don't Stop When You Are Tired, Stop When You Are Done.

Dwill2nd
    Participant

@TXCPA2016 are you currently located in Texas? If so which part (I am making an assumption from your username).

AUD - 98
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 94
    REG - 86
    No more procrastinating!

AUD - 98 - 3.9.17
    BEC - 84 - 6.8.16
    FAR - 94 - 2.22.17
    REG - 86 - 5.23.17

August 2017 - Official CPA?!!!!!

Bec, 6/8/2016 - 84!
    Far, 7/12/2016
    Reg,
    Aud,

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you guys think I should buy a new course? I feel that Becker didn't help me.

Yes, I'm in Dallas Texas 🙂

waffle_house
    Participant

I thought Becker was amazing with AUD.

The only key tip I can give you is you should probably take more time to study the details. Read the book and understand the material, doing MCQ alone will not help you pass AUD.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 84
    REG - 76
    Exams started Sep 2014 -Exams done Mar 2017

Texas CPA

I put in work, it was evident

Anonymous
    Inactive

74 again? I feel your pain! 🙁
    We will get it next time for sure! So close!

Dwill2nd
    Participant

@TXCPA2016 That city North of here. If you are ever down in Houston let me know I am always open to meeting at a Starbucks and discussing CPA items/ strategy ect. Talking through items and discussing can always help.

Also for anyone else in Houston I am always open to meeting and discussing.

AUD - 98
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 94
    REG - 86
    No more procrastinating!

AUD - 98 - 3.9.17
    BEC - 84 - 6.8.16
    FAR - 94 - 2.22.17
    REG - 86 - 5.23.17

August 2017 - Official CPA?!!!!!

Bec, 6/8/2016 - 84!
    Far, 7/12/2016
    Reg,
    Aud,

Wannafree
    Participant

@TXCPA2016 , so sorry to see your scores.Let me suggest something and I feel you can easily bump 10 points.Since you are getting 74 that means you know the AUD very well at least I don't have any doubt on that.I assume where you may be tripping over some tricky MCQs (may be 2-3 only ).
    Stop reading Becker's or Roger's now as that would not give you incremental marks and also it would be boring.
    Please read the AU/AR/AT standards and make your own notes.It may be difficult to adjust to crude format of Auditing standards but believe me it works.
    Why it will work ? All the reviews are modified form of AICPA publication and in modification they remove some creams although they claim otherwise.
    I always used to get confused with review of interim financial statements and used to have impression that standards should be AR but actually it was “AU 722 Interim Financial Information”.I have gone through AU 722 and now almost never missed questions on Interim Financial Stmt. I don't memorize but have read and made my own notes.
    Same goes for AR 80 , AR 90 , AR 120 , AT 301 etc.Just try it and most likely you will pass next time.Let me share sample notes I have made from standards.
    You can see I have left many things from AU 561 but have gone through once hence even if it is outside of my notes it may click because that was so obvious that I didn't note.I got just 79 but please note it was my worst performance due to my mismanagement of time allocation in SIM testlet .
    AU 561 Subsequent Discovery of Facts
    Steps
    Determine if sub info is reliable
    Discuss with management
    If information is deemed reliable
    Determine whether audit report would have been affected
    Assess whether people are still relying on the report
    Revise the report
    Disclose reasons in F/S notes
    Describe reason in auditor's report
    Revise only the most recently issued F/S
    Persons relying on the F/S should be notified
    If client refuses to cooperate with CPA
    Notify BOD
    Notify client that audit report cannot be issued without F/S
    Notify regulatory agencies that report cannot be relied upon
    Notify any other persons that report cannot be relied upon

WannaB

cwlanders
    Participant

I got two 74's back to back on audit as well last year. I used Becker only for both 74's. I don't think Becker does a very good job preparing you for the test. For my 79, I redid all of the Becker lectures, homeworks and sims, but added the Ninja MCQ's. When i got to my review week, I just worked 300ish Ninja MCQ's a night leading up to the exam. I did read through all of the Becker highlighted topics in the book before going into the testing center also. Don't get discouraged, I couldn't pass Audit with just Becker and I am an auditor at a large international firm.

BEC- 91
    AUD- 74, 74, 79
    FAR- 74, 83
    REG- 84
    Ethics- 97

BEC - 91 (2/29/16)
    AUD- 74, 74

cpaMD86
    Participant

I am in Houston as well.

I thought all of Roger's courses were good…some stronger then others. Ninja materials were a big key for me though, specially the notes and MCQ. The MCQ give you a great foundation for what to expect on the exam. I thought the FAR MCQ were harder then those I saw on the actual exam. FAR, obviously, has a ton of material that can quickly become overwhelming. I feel that the Ninja Notes did a great job in summarizing the material that was giving, and in establishing a foundation to focus on.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 82
    REG - 79
    Be willing to be inconvenienced for your conviction.

Roger/Ninja MCQ/Ninja Notes

FAR: 9/3

donnychristal
    Participant

I took AUD 5 times and finally passed it this time!

I used only 6 days to prepare for it. Right after my busy season. I used to use MCQs then I found that I need more so I bought the 10 point combos this time. What I benefit the most is the audios they provided.

So I use Becker books, NINJA audios and NINJA MCQs. And I have to say that the NINJA MCQ score is pretty much the same with the actual score.

Good luck!

AUD: 64, 71, 73, 72, 78
    FAR: 75 (expired), 79
    BEC: 89
    REG: 76

FINGERS CROSSED

FAR - 75
    AUD - 64/71
    BEC - 85

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.