74 in auditing :( Need help !

• Creator
    Topic
    pia ach

After crying for a good hour, i think i should start studying again. My initial plan was to give Bec on aug 30th and then move on to Far sometime in oct-Nov…Now that i found i got 74 in auditing, should i schedule my Auditing for Oct or wait till 2014 Q1 to give when i dont have to study the old SAS .

74 really really really makes you miserable, wish i had got a 50 instead!

Finally done!!! Experience-pending. Ethics- Pending.
    Reg 78 / 73/82.
    Aud 74/89.
    BEC 72 /78.
    FAR 74/ 73/ 82.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I would definitely suggest taking in October. You don't want to lose what you've studied so far..you were sooo close!!! Next time you'll kill it ! Don't cut any corners!! Study as if you've never taken the test. Add some supplementary material! Good luck!

Read the Wiley book, boring but effective

CA CPA - All because of the journey listed below
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    FAR - 53('10), 8/25/12 79 PASSED!
    REG - 66('11), 69('12), 12/06/12 77 PASSED!!
    BEC - 58('10), 74('12), 01/05/13 77 PASSED!!!
    AUD - 43('11), 66('12), 69('13), 74('13) 7/29/13 85 PASSED!!!!!

(Combinations of Roger, Yaeger, Wiley Book, Wiley TB, & NINJA Notes)

Ethics 90%

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree. I'm not sure how strong you are in BEC BUT…you've passed REG and started your clock ticking so I do not think “wasting” the BEC opportunity in this window is a good idea. If it were me, I would probably work hard on BEC, take it as scheduled in August and then get back to AUD for an early October date. You can do it!!

…oh…and yeah..74s suck!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with reading the Audit book. I did this and it helped a good bit 😉

nbad311

I'll vouch for the Wiley textbook. Boring – yes. Tiny little text with bible-thin pages – yes. But after failing my first tries for REG and BEC using only Bisk, I added the Wiley book and that's when I passed. For audit, the dreaded Wiley book was ALL I used (plus Ninja notes!) . And it “only” took me 2x to pass audit!

REG - 65, 70, 80!
    BEC - 35, 62, 79!
    AUD - 73, 75!
    FAR - 65, 73, 70, 75! DONE.

pia ach

I have the wiley book but used it only for extra MCQ's,the small print really makes it so unappealing. However now i got to work harder .I used the becker videos to study for auditing and the wiley test bank.

I so wish i had that one extra mark, thinking over and over again…but i know its a waste of time. Will keep studying BEC , i am so angry i want to really nail BEC . Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it. I will focus all my energy on BEC as of now. Auditing can wait till sept.

Finally done!!! Experience-pending. Ethics- Pending.
    Reg 78 / 73/82.
    Aud 74/89.
    BEC 72 /78.
    FAR 74/ 73/ 82.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It's worth it. I had test questions that were not covered in the MCQ I did but WERE covered in the book.

Myredstapler
    Participant

Yup it want until I used the wiley book that i finallty passed…barely but passed

nbad311

It's so hard not to dwell on it when you got that close. After my 73 I was pissy because I knew the one research SIM I got on that test, I got wrong and figured I maybe have gotten that extra “2%” had I nailed that. Worrying about it after today will only infere with your mindset going forward! Plus if you get BEC out of the way, all those dumb ratios that you had to learn for it will show their faces again in audit but by then you'll know them! 🙂

REG - 65, 70, 80!
    BEC - 35, 62, 79!
    AUD - 73, 75!
    FAR - 65, 73, 70, 75! DONE.

MintsRGood
    Participant

Do yourself a favor and pick up the Wiley textbook and read every word, do every MCQ, every SIM, read every standard when prompted to do so and you will kill audit!!! The text is dry, boring, and painful to move through but if you do it will turn you into an Audit machine. That godawful textbook is what took me from a 68 to a 92, no joke!

Retest ASAP and keep your head up!!! 🙂

REG: 75 DONE 🙂
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE 🙂
    BEC: 76 DONE 🙂
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE 🙂
    Licensed Michigan CPA 🙂
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

jsmithsae

I cant speak for the Wiley book, but I can say the way I passed from a 71 to 84 was to redo EVERYTHING! I did not skip the videos, or the questions I already knew or only study the things I was weak on… I started from the beginning and completely redid Becker and of course, NINJA materials!

Work the MCQ's over and over again, not some of them…ALL of them. AUD was the hardest by far for me and in the end I ended up scoring the highest of any section.

As one who can say I have passed the CPA exam, I promise you can pass it as well. Get pissed off and get back in the books. I would also recommend taking it as soon as you can. Good Luck!

BEC-75!
    AUD-84!
    REG-78!
    FAR-83!
    Ethics-Passed!
    Experience-Got that too

Used Becker 2013 Self-Study & NINJA 10pt Combo Lite(AUD)

peetree

Definitely read the book, those little “three year” “100 firms” “60 days” rules really stick once you seem them over and over again.

Flash cards are really effective as well.

FAR 02/21/13 - 95
    REG 07/02/13 - 87
    AUD 08/02/13 - 94
    BEC 08/30/13 - 85
    Ethics Exam - 90

Illinois candidate awaiting his license

Used Becker Self Study | Ninja Audio | Becker Flash Cards | Ninja Notes | Wiley Test Bank

J

Write your own notes. AUD is the only section for which I followed this for all of the Wiley modules (I started to do it a little bit for REG and found how effective it was) and was quite pleased with my score (see signature), despite limited study time and even less practical experience in auditing.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.