74 on AUD, Scheduled Retake?

• Creator
    Topic
    ps8904
    Participant

Hey all,
    I took AUD a month ago, felt confident on MCQs and terrible about sims.
    Fears were confirmed, I got a 74 and my score report said Comparable for MCQs, Weaker in sims and professional responsibilities.
    I use CPAexcel, but basically have the materials memorized and don’t know what to focus on for my retake.
    I scheduled a retake for early October and I can commit to about 25 hours/week of review for three weeks. I’m not sure what to focus on, if anyone has any tips for me to get over the hill on sims and crank out a few extra points much appreciated, thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Ginja_CPA
    Participant

I wouldn't focus too much on the breakdown. Those can lure you in to a false sense of security. I would hit everything like its your first time. SIMs are best learned from the understanding with the MCQ I feel.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 80
    REG - 80
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

REG: 80 (02/19/16)
    AUD: 83 (04/11/16)
    BEC: 78 (05/28/16)
    FAR: ?

Track55
    Participant

Get Gleim for SIMS. They are the best ones for AUD.

I got a 74 on AUD as well and passed the next time. Try not to go to work the 4 days before the exam. Study everything.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 86
    REG - 92
    California - Internal Audit

CPA since December 2016.

(took seven tries, 1 year 10 months).

AUD - 74, 99 !!
    REG - 74, 92
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 73, 86

Studying for Ethics exam

California candidate
    Business and Industry

Jakecpa
    Participant

sometimes it depends on the exam you get. I happened to get sims where I could actually go to the literature and confirm certain things. But I've heard of people getting crazy sims on AUD. I thought I got crazy sims on REG and FAR. I actually filled an entire sim with zeros to all the spaces on one sim for REG and still passed. But I think I was lucky on that one because it said that if nothing had changed you were supposed to put zero. So I think sometimes its just luck I guess.

ps8904
    Participant

Hey friends,
    Thanks for all the advice! I hit every topic and got a new test bank through Wiley for MCQs. Got my score last night and it went up 15 points! Not gonna complain about overstudying–just glad its over! On to FAR.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.