74 on far

• Creator
    Topic
    Bagels
    Participant

Well, my worst nightmare has happened. I have failed my last test by one point. It’s pretty devastating failing by one point. I almost wish I got a little worse so it wouldn’t be as disheartening. These passed two weeks have been pretty hard. I took far, knowing it would be the last test I would ever have to take. I tried pretty hard and I got to the test and was completely taken back. The multiple choice were extremely hard and the sims quite easy. (My score report did not reflect this though so idk what to say about that). All in all, I have one more shot to take far and I have to pass it this next testing window or I lose reg. It’s going to be a really tough 7 weeks but I know that this challenge needs to be done. I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that this is a really hard process and we will all get through it with persistence.

AUD - 94
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 86
    REG - 81
    Done with all exams. It's been a journey.

Reg 82
    Aud 94
    Bec 81
    Far

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Bear-Bear
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. Give that retake absolute hell! You got this.

FAR - PASS
    BEC - PASS
    REG - PASS
    AUD - PASS

Done and licensed!

PrayForMeForCPA
    Participant

@Bagels You're right. It is a very hard process and no one else understands unless they are going through it. That's why I come here for moral support. You can do it. Give yourself a day or two to recover and then start studying again. People pass everyday, so just know you can pass too! Best of luck to you!

REG 89
    AUD 78
    FAR 86
    BEC TBD 9/2016

ONLY USING BECKER SELF-STUDY, SO FAR...
    REG: 89
    AUD: 78
    FAR: TBD 8/2016
    BEC: TBD 9/2016

H.Bonaventure
    Participant

Bagels I know exactly what you are feeling. I passed BEC, AUD, & REG on my first try just by doing constant MCQ. Then I failed FAR with a 74 in June. It was so disheartening because I was ready to be done. After a day of depression I dusted myself off and started all over with studying and did constant MCQ and wrote notes for 4 weeks straight. I retook it in July and just found out I passed with an 80. Keep your head up and power through this. Trust me before you know it you will be done. Don't pity yourself, you can do this. Get back up and go knock it out in Round 2. Good luck!

SuckItUp
    Participant

Stay positive, keep that glass half FULL. You could have scored a 63 and have a much longer road in front of you. ONE left, knock that SOB out!

GeauxAwayCPA
    Participant

@Bagels Really sorry to hear that. Know that you are not alone. I am in almost an identical boat as you; only difference is I failed FAR with a 72 in July. Need to pass FAR in October to avoid losing REG. It sucked and still does suck and I freak out slightly every day at one point or another due to the pressure. But I'm busting my tail and trying not to get down. Let's knock this thing out of the park in October and be done with this bastard exam forever!!

Licensed CPA in Texas trying to start up my own tax practice
    Bagels
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I told my closest friends and family and they just don't understand. It's like I'm annoying them or something. It's so great to have this community on another 71.

AUD - 94
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 86
    REG - 81
    Done with all exams. It's been a journey.

Reg 82
    Aud 94
    Bec 81
    Far

H.Bonaventure
    Participant

Lol I know the feeling. All of my friends and family were like no big deal you only need one more point next time and all I could do was bang my head against the wall in frustration. The whole process is miserable; between the cost, scheduling, prometric, the exam, the waiting etc. Seriously it is torture but you can do this and when you are done it feels like being released from some awful prison. You can do this, and I look forward to seeing your post in the future when you pass. Just focus a little more and you will be done forever.

Stilgoin
    Participant

I have 2 shots left for FAR. I completely understand. It sucks, but we will get through. If it were easy, everyone would be a CPA and we would all be unemployed. Just keep swimming …..

Stilgoin, CPA

There are enough critics. Be an encourager

B | 62, 78
    A | 73, 67, 79
    R | 82
    F | 59, 59, Waiting

Ethics | 93

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    ~Winston Churchill

“In a world full of critics, be an encourager."

ezakipocky
    Participant

you are not alone. FAR with 73 here.

FAR 85
    REG 87
    AUD 89
    BEC 89

AUD 7/3
    BCE 81
    REG 7/15
    FAR 8/18

letsrun4it
    Participant

You got to get new study materials. I got a 74 on REG with Roger materials, used them again, studied my brains out and got a 78. While that's a PASS, I think had I switched to Ninja or Wiley questions I would have gotten higher. YOU CAN DO THIS

AUD - 86
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 76
    REG - 78
    DONE!

BEC: 85
    REG: 74, 78
    AUD: 86
    FAR: October?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bagels, you are SO close to passing this exam. It is difficult for many to even come this far, and you failed an exam that many know is the most challenging. The fact that you were one point away demonstrates that you are capable of passing FAR the next time. Keep your chin up and look at what you've accomplished!!!! YOU'RE ONLY A STEP AWAY 🙂

Key522
    Participant

@Bagels we are in the same situation expect I failed REG by one point it was my last exam as well. I have until the end of October before my first exam expires. We were so close all we have to do it go back at it hard for the retake. I know its hard and heartbreaking trust me. Let's get this exam out the way!

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 77
    REG - 80
    BEC - Feb 2015 68 April 2015 84

FAR - July 2015 77

AUD - Oct 2015 74 Feb 2016 71 April 2016 85

REG - Jan 2016 67 July 2016 74 Oct 2016 80

BEC Feb 2015 68 - rematch Apr 2015 - 84
    FAR July 2015 77
    AUD Oct 2015 74 Feb 2016 71 April 2016 85
    REG Jan 2016 67 July 2016

hasy
    Participant

@OP, don't feel too bad. I took FAR the first time and I finished every single SIM (almost thought they were too easy), even with time to spare. Still got a 72. It's so weird the second time I took it, I didn't even finish one sim and got a higher score. I hate that test.

I know it's your last test but you have GOOD 2 chances to finish it and you WILL finish it. 🙂

Go over your study methods and go over each area with a fine-toothed comb. You need to make sure, going through the material a SECOND time that you know every chapter DECENTLY well.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

AccountantPinkHair
    Participant

I know how you feel and it really really sucks. I've been on my last test for the last 2 sittings. BEC is my problem, just failed again with a 73. Next quarter will my fifth attempt. It's getting a little sad for me at this point.

Next quarter we will pass!

BEC 60, 71, 71, 73, 81
    AUD 72, 81
    REG 60, 78
    FAR 71, 78

Licensed CPA in Texas

AUD - 72, 81
    FAR - 71, 78
    REG - 60, 78
    BEC - 60, 71, 71

IF I FALL, I WILL GET BACK UP. IF I AM BEATEN, I WILL RETURN.

iputaspellonfar
    Participant

My biggest fear is getting 74 on FAR. That happened to be on BEC and it made me tear up everytime I thought about it for at least a week. Take a week break and start fresh. I suggest you do more MCQ because you obviously know the basics. You probably just need more practice applying it.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.