74 on FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    jslo123
    Participant

This was my first test and I got a 74…. I studied Becker MCQ like crazy and did little to no sims for practice.

How can I increase my score???? I don’t think buying a new review course will be an option for me ????

Also, how can I review my score? I heard there are score reports??? Is that free?

Thank you ????

AUD - 89
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 90
    REG - 79
    LETZ GET IT
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    hasy
    Participant

You need to do SIMs….. At this point, I would practice SIMs when you start studying again because you're not studying for one point. You're studying for 75 points. You can do it. If you restudy now, maybe you can shoot for late Oct retake.

Also, the score reports are an assessment of how you did against other test takers. It doesn't really gauge how you should study for the following retake. I'm from CA, so the score report SHOULD be available on your CBA account if you're from here. Otherwise, I don't know how other states work.

Restudy everything again and make sure that across all disciplines, you're grasping an understanding of each chapter. I would do some SIMs for everything chapter, you don't have to do ALL sims, but practicing SIMs enables you to see and adapt to how you can answer a question like that on the exam.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

jslo123
    Participant

Thank you so much Hasy!

I guess I will do all the SIMS for Becker and re-do all the multiple choice questions.

I'm shooting for Oct 15th.

Does 74 mean I need to pretty much brush up on some skills and I'm good?

It is so discouraging to see a 74 on my first test.

I think im too dumb for this tbh.

AUD - 89
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 90
    REG - 79
    LETZ GET IT
    Pete E. Rino
    Participant

74 sucks…Sorry to hear that. You need to work on the SIMS. You also want to be familiar with the FASB codification. That could be a free 6 points. Thing is every test will be different each time so it is hard to say. You are at a 74, so just brushing up on SIMS should help a lot. I would take it rather quickly and speed through areas you know you are weaker in. Don't burn yourself out.

hasy
    Participant

Bro, I got a 72 the first time I took FAR. I messed up my studying schedule for REG too because of it. Trust, you're in a better position than most. I would try again and literally make sure you understand everything to a certain level where you can at least guess the answer.

I legitimately hated consolidations, but I made sure that I understood the journal entries for that. I think the most important step of conquering FAR is practicing those journal entries and understanding how they fit into the financial statements since that's how I was able to do well in SIMs.

Good luck. Also buy NINJA and don't settle for anything less than trending 85 if you want to FOR SURE pass.

AUD - 83
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 83
    REG - 78
    BEC - 80 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

FAR - 72; 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

AUD - 83 (Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB)

REG - 52; 78 (Roger + NINJA MCQ)

Ethics - 68, 96 (how I dislike you)
    -
    This forum is more addictive than drugs. Still returning after licensure.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved - Helen Keller

-

BEC 80 (10/23/15)
    FAR 72 (4/2/15); 83 (7/11/16)
    REG 52 (4/28/15)
    AUD (9/9/16)

Roger + NINJA MCQ + WTB

Voelkerio
    Participant

A 74 is the worst. I'm sorry. But this test isn't about how smart you are. It's an endurance thing.

Just to give a different perspective than the other two, I passed FAR this quarter (with an 86, using Becker only, but including the flashcards), and I didn't practice the SIMS outside of the research questions and the J/E ones. I also skipped all of the optional HW, and didn't read the book. Still, I spent more time than is normal going over all of the required MCQs multiple times, except F10, which I only did once two nights before.

My point I'm trying to make is that I didn't study all of the unique questions that I had at my disposal, but spent hours and hours (more than needed, I'm sure) going over the required stuff until I understood the concept. Knowing JEs was super reassuring, and so is understanding the “why,” not just the “what.”

If you struggled with the research question, make sure you are using the advanced search feature.

BEC - 85
    FAR - 9/1/16

Trees202
    Participant

Study the Sims. Knowing the Sims inside and out will also help you with the MCQ, but not so much the other way around.

I just squeaked by FAR with a 76. I would have felt a lot better about the whole thing had I known the Sims better.

If you got a 74 you're absolutely not “too dumb” for this! I had to take it 3 times and one of my scores was in the 60s.

A 74 is heartbreaking… But should also be encouraging bc with just a bit more studying – you've totally got this!!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.