74 on FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    gmbeckner42
    Participant

I got a 74 on FAR.. worst feeling.. Looking for advice and tips on how long i should re-study and what i should do for my re-study…

AUD: 76
    FAR: 74, retake asap
    REG: on deck
    BEC: best for last?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    PDiddy2000
    Participant

Hi Gabby – go back over everything but start with your weak sections first. Make sure to set aside one day a week to review each section. This way you cover everything but you get more study time on your weak areas and you'll finish your study plan with your strong areas that require less review. Also, set up a plan that allows you to do this quick so that you can retest soon. Keep in mind that your next test will be completely different from your last. Don't fall into the trap that it will be anything like the exam you just failed. New day, new exam. Good Luck! You got this!

FAR-Mar 9,2020 (failed 71), retest May 21
    BEC-Passed(I had a few stops and starts because I was studying during my busy season. Lost track of my study stats.)
    AUD-Passed(8 weeks,1877 MCQs, and 38 TBSs)-Wiley
    REG-Passed(10 weeks, 2000 MC)-Wiley
    jfh9857
    Participant

I agree with PDiddy (Love the name btw). I failed FAR with a 74 a few months ago. I pretty much knew what my weak areas were. I used Becker and I actually signed up for Ninja MCQ's just to supplement for additional questions/help. I focused on my weak areas but at the same time…I made sure I continued to work on MCQ's from other sections. These exams sometimes are based on luck (obviously you need to study hard)…I failed FAR 3 times before passing and I was always in the 69-74 range and I remember I had one test that had 3 consolidation sims, which is one of my weakest areas. The additional MCQ's, writing down notes, and pounding literally over a thousand MCQ's pushed me to an 81. Also, try to figure out why the answers to some of the MCQ's are wrong rather than just saying OH I got this one right and move on. When I received a 74, I studied for an additional 4 weeks and then was ready to roll come exam day.

KeepPushing
    Participant

I agree with above and would restate to do cumulative reviews if possible every day! I have becker and would do a progress test over all the chapters of 30 MCQ. If you can't do that many questions on top of studying what you are supposed to for that day and/or work then maybe a 10-15 questions progress test each day!

FAR - 69, 84

AUD- 81

REG- 87

BEC- 88

bmaveragames
    Participant

I disagree – you need one point. I would do Ninja MCQ/SIMS until you vomit at this point. I'd alternate focusing questions on where you struggled then flip back to a comprehensive MCQ.

AndreA
    Participant

I got a 73 on FAR and it's because I left 1 SIM almost empty and I had no clue how to do it and didn't have enough time, even now I can't find anything close to that SIM.. But I believe the best way to restudy is to set a goal, my goal is to score above 80 on all my MCQ's and SIMS, if you can handle it and work on your weak areas you should be able to get 80+ on actual exam!

FAR - 73, 78 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 50 SIMs)
    AUD - 73, 81 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 40 SIMs)
    BEC - 71, 71, 74, 84 (WileyCPAexcel 3,000+ MCQs, 10 SIMs)
    REG - 84 (WileyCPAexcel 2,000 MCQs, 15 SIMs)

CA Ethics Exam - 94%

NEVER GIVE UP.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.