74 to 81 AUD

• Creator
    Topic
    ThomasHallberg
    Participant

Hey guys- just wanted to share my first experience with a retake (74 of audit). Both exams were similar regarding MCQ’s. However, the first time I took audit the sims were brutal. The Audit exam I took on 9/8/17 was actually really fair. The sims were not super long, I had a lot of drop downs, and two research questions. I used Becker and studied 3 weeks, just redoing the MCQ’s and reviewing a few sims. While I study for each exam, I make 1 page notes per chapter. Becker has 6 audit chapters so I had 6 pages of high level notes on things I thought were important. This was extremely helpful for my review because I re-read my notes a few times and I was back in shape to do MCQ’s. For all those people who have to retake, keep your head up and get back into the material, you may get a test that is much more fair. I focused more during my review on evidence gathering and procedures regarding each assertion. I think it is safe to say the sims on audit tend to test these “higher order skills”. On to FAR retake!!!

AUD - 81
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 76
    REG - 75
    How does Santa's accountant value his sleigh? Net Present Value

Good luck favors the prepared

KPMG Audit

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    shawn in VA
    Participant

Thomas-

Thanks for sharing your story. I just found out yesterday I got a 74 on AUD. But I got 81 on BEC so I am semi happy I got one pass.

I took AUD back in dec 2016 and got 69. So I did go up 5 points but still failed with a 74. I only put in 50 hours for my retake and studied 50 hours for my 1st exam where I got 69 so I have not put much time in yet got decent scores.

I agree the test in Q3 was fair with the SIMS being manageable. But I am just praying I don't get nightmare sims in Q4. MCQs have usually been ok both times I took but one area was tested very heavily which I studied my butt off in that area and it paid off.

Congrats on your pass. Hopefully things will work out for me on DEC 19.

AUD - 84
    BEC - 81
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 75
    AUD - 84

BEC-  81

REG-75

FAR- TBD

Phi
    Participant

Hey Thomas thanks for sharing! I'm actually struggling with the same evidence gathering and procedures topics and I've been having a rough time finding a good review of those. I have becker and wiley and I guess they are too broad for me to understand on a higher level or I just don't get it period. Could you give me some advice on how to figure those out? I failed audit in Q2 with a 71 and Q3 I got a 74, I'm really losing my mind.

AUD - 74
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 66
    REG - 74
    Trying to get through it.
    Madhav
    Participant

Wonderful to hear that, Congratulations. May i ask you how do you practice for Sims? I am having hard time studying for sims and last time around, my Aud sims were tough. How do you tackle this issue? Also i have little harder understanding the assertions? Give me some advice if you can.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 76
    REG - 77
    FINISHED.    "If I can do it, so can you".- ME.

LEO MESSI:GOAT

Ethics: WA: 93, AICPA: 93

runegoblet3xx
    Participant

I'm taking AUD for the first time on Oct. 6th.

I have the same question as Madhav above on SIMs.

In general, audit just seems to be much harder for me to grasp. I work in tax day-to-day so I have no experience with it whatsoever. And just in general some of the wording and terminology seems very familiar to me.

AUD - 78
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 79
    REG - 89
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.