November 6, 2019 at 3:28 pm #2783325DeepikaParticipant
I cleared my CPA examinations from Alaska board and applying for license to the same state –
1. Can I start my CPA license application process considering the examination, ethics and education requirements are met except for the experience requirement. And send in the experience documentation once it is met. (I will be satisfying that criteria mostly by July of 2020.) Will they hold my application until July 2020 pending experience?
2. Currently I have my International degrees under evaluation with NASBA international evaluation services. Will the board accept the evaluation results from NASBA without my license application?
3. Also, I am considering to move to new job. Will it be ok, if I send my experience hours with my current employer and file in the remaining hours after moving to a new job with the new employer whenever I satisfy them next year?
Sorry for so many questions. Left lot of messages and emails to the state board but no one replies.
Your inputs will be of great help to me. Thank you in advance.November 7, 2019 at 1:48 am #2784189ak_cpawannabeParticipant
1. I doubt they would want your application if it is incomplete (I.e. that you don’t have work experience yet). In their application instructions, they say to submit completed application or they may send you denial.
2. I think if Nasba sends them something and they don’t have your application, they will hold it. But that’s my guess.
3. I would wait until you got all your experience to send hours/work experience to the board. By the way, your past/current employer will have to fill form out themselves and send directly to the board. The board is very picky and won’t accept such documents from the candidate. Nasba sends them directly your grades; aicpa sends them directly your ethics score; and employer must send directly work experience document. At least that’s my understanding from my licensure almost a year ago.
Honestly, I would wait until you got all your documents/requirements met to fill out and to submit application. Also, if you need to talk to them, send email to email@example.com
I emailed their coordinator before directly and she was not very good in responding timely. So then I started to email to this address and got response fairly quick.
Congratulations on being so close to become one of the elite Alaskan accountants :))November 7, 2019 at 9:33 am #2784546DeepikaParticipant
Thank you for all the information. It gave me some clarity.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.