September 26, 2018 at 9:15 pm #1998365
1) Approx exam date : 8th December
2)Topic most comfortable with: Journal entry
3)Topic weakest/worries me most: GovernmentalSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:22 am #1998971
Studied for FAR for 2 months and failed with a 69… hoping to sharpen my knowledge and pass this time around!
1. Approx exam date: October 11th
2. Topic you're most: conceptual framework and governmental
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most: capital leases and impairmentSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:24 am #1998980
This will be my first crack at any section of the CPA exam. I plan to take FAR late Novemver/early december. I'd say the topic I'm most comfortable with is converting cash to accrual or accrual to cash. The topic I'm least comfortable with is governmental. I still have a lot of material to cover though!September 27, 2018 at 11:24 am #1998983
Just beginning my journey to CPA. I knew coming into it that FAR would be my most difficult section so I decided to attempt to tackle it first.
I plan on taking the exam mid-late November. But NASBA is all backed up with high application volume so it may wind up being Q1 2019 ):
I feel strongest and most confident in intercompany transactions as that's something I deal with everyday.
However I am still struggling with the statement of cash flows and not for profit accounting.September 27, 2018 at 11:25 am #1998995
I would like to enter giveaway:
1. Approx exam date (Late October, mid-November, etc) Mid October
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section Financial Statements, Government, NFP
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most. Inventory and Taxes
I am currently studying with Wiley CPAexcel.
KDSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:27 am #1999013
1. Planning on taking it early December, right before vacation.
2/3. Honestly, I haven't started studying enough yet to even know what my best/worst topics are.
I need to buckle down, but am dragging my feet.September 27, 2018 at 11:28 am #1999016
wow how did you do it? I've been struggling on an off since 2014 and failed FAR 3 times, I can't even study anymore, this material makes me sick already 🙁September 27, 2018 at 11:31 am #1999034
1) Approx exam date: Early December
2) Topic most comfortable with: Financial reporting, Assets, Equity, Liabilities
3) Topic weakest/worries me most: Derivatives, PENSION, Foreign currency,
REG: 69, 78
BEC: TBDSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:38 am #1999061
Aproximate exam date : Late November
I am most comfortable with Depreciation methods and GoodWill
Uncomfortable with: pension benefitsSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:38 am #1999064
1. I had the one unlucky attempt to take FAR. Now I am trying to get ready for second attempt in the beginning of December.
2. My most-comfortable area is the leases
3. My weakest area is the bonds!
Thank you!September 27, 2018 at 11:38 am #1999067
AnonymousSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:42 am #1999079
1. Approx exam date – Dec. but I am not certain I can accomplish this for I failed Audit and now need to pass 3 exams by mid December.
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – Financial Statements, Accruals
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most – Statement of Cash Flow, Bonds, DerivativesSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:44 am #1999082
I studied half-way through FAR back in 2012 and 2013 but had a death in the family among a few life changing adjustments which set me back a few years.
1. Exam date: Mid October
2. Strongest topics: Financials and Accruals
3. Weakest Topics: Non-Profit, Governmental, , Statements of Cash Flows,
Wish I stayed on target with you guys years as I find your materials EXTREMELY helpful detailed and concise. Also which I found you before paying for Roger. 🙂September 27, 2018 at 11:45 am #1999088
1. My FAR exam date is on Feb 23, 2019.
2. Topic I am most comfortable : LIFO and FIFO
3. Topic you're weakest in / worriest me the most: journal entries
I want to become a CPA.September 27, 2018 at 11:48 am #1999112
I am planning to take my exam at the end of October. I am most confident about anything governmental accounting, but most nervous about inventory and receivables.September 27, 2018 at 11:49 am #1999118
1. Early December
2. Financial statements
3. Inter company, accruals, depreciation.September 27, 2018 at 12:00 pm #1999169
1) Approximate Exam Date: Late November
2) Topic Most Comfortable With: Governmental
3) Topic Least Comfortable With: Financial Statements/Journal EntriesSeptember 27, 2018 at 12:10 pm #1999187
1) Exam Date – early December
2) Strongest Topics – non profit, bonds, leases
3) Weakest Topics – Statement of Cash Flows, Pensions
Good luck everyone!September 27, 2018 at 12:14 pm #1999196
1. Approx exam date : Early December
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section: Depreciation
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most.: Bonds and Governmental AccountingSeptember 27, 2018 at 12:30 pm #1999232
1. Approx exam date (Late October, mid-November, etc) November 30th
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section: Balance Sheet & Inc Stmnt
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most: Foreign currencySeptember 27, 2018 at 12:45 pm #1999295
1) Exam Date – Middle of December
2) Strongest Topics – Fixed Assets and Depreciation
3) Weakest Topics – Governmental and Non-profit AccountingSeptember 27, 2018 at 1:18 pm #1999337
I just recently graduated and planning on taking my first exam in November!
1. FAR – November 19
3. Consolidation conceptsSeptember 27, 2018 at 1:32 pm #1999379
Good to join you on the journey!
1. Oct 18 is the date
2. I'm pretty comfortable with inventory and PP&E.
3. Probably my weakest is Governmental
Good luck on the exams everyone!
ESeptember 27, 2018 at 3:29 pm #1999529
CPA from UAParticipant
1. Early December – estimated exam date
2. NFP Accounting – comfortable topic
3. Bonds – weakest topicSeptember 27, 2018 at 4:58 pm #1999652
1. October 8th
3. PensionsSeptember 27, 2018 at 5:27 pm #1999679
1. Approx exam date (Late October, mid-November, etc) – My exam is scheduled for 10/25
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – Governmental/fund accounting, not for profits
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most – Bonds (I dislike all bond related activities and transactions.)September 27, 2018 at 6:59 pm #1999778
On to the last one …
1. Approx exam date: November 30th
2. Topic you are most comfortable within this exam section: Depreciation
3. Topic you are weakest in/worries you the most: Bonds and LeasesSeptember 27, 2018 at 7:01 pm #1999799
1. Approx exam date (Late October, mid-November, etc) – OCT. 28th
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – Accounting changes
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most. – Diluted Earning per shareSeptember 27, 2018 at 7:31 pm #1999829
1. Approx exam date – beginning of Dec
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – bonds
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most – Govt/NFPSeptember 27, 2018 at 8:30 pm #1999937
1. Approx exam date is Late November
2. Most comfortable with accruals, IFRS, accounting changes, current assets & liability
3. Weak topics, DV lifo and some stockholder's equity areas
Good luck studying!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.