September 26, 2018 at 3:01 pm #1997954
Ughhhh, I feel so anxious. I am writing and re-writing my notes. I am listening to audio, I am doing mcq's. I am listening to audio mcq's. btw: How do you take notes on the audio mcqs without stopping the recording every two seconds? Mcq is not going good because I am getting them wrong. Anyway, I am trying to stay focused. This is going to be a long day FULL of study all day! 🙁 🙁 OK rant over, back to study.September 26, 2018 at 9:23 pm #1998371
Edan Corp. made a pro rata distribution of marketable securities in redemption of its stock in a complete liquidation during the current year. These securities, which had been purchased in 2014 for $80,000, had a fair market value of $40,000 when distributed. What loss does Edan Corp. recognize as a result of the distribution?
B) $40,000 long-term capital loss
C) $40,000 Section 1231 loss
D) $40,000 ordinary loss
Answer is B.
I thought that if a company was redeeming back it's stock it would recognize $0?? Or is that a different type of question lolSeptember 26, 2018 at 10:00 pm #1998386
1. Idk when I’m taking this exam in Q4. But I need to be done. I’m going to guess thanksgiving realistically
2. Most comfortable with individual
3. Least with entity and business law although i haven’t started studying for anything I took it two years ago and it was such a crazy exam experience I walked out feeling like a moron and also remember being super exhausted. I remember the SIMs being crazy and my brain being fried. I hope this time it’s not such a mind f. I will approach it like all new and read from scratch as it’s been too long.September 27, 2018 at 1:40 am #1998533
1. Approx exam date (Late October, mid-November, etc) – Mid November
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – Property taxation
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most – Circular 230 and related discplinary actionsSeptember 27, 2018 at 5:56 am #1998578
1) Approx Exam Date – Early December
2) Topic most comfortable with – Ethics, Professional Responsibilities and Federal Tax Procedures
3) Topic least comfortable with – Entity TaxationSeptember 27, 2018 at 8:29 am #1998668
1. Approximate Exam Date is October 21ish
2. Topic most comfortable with- Individual Taxation or S corp
3. Topic Least Comfortable with: Entity Taxation or AMTSeptember 27, 2018 at 8:43 am #1998692
@gryfi, Corporate gain is recognized on liquidation unless it's a Parent-Subsidiary liquidation (parent liquidates into an 80+% subsidiary). Maybe this is what you were thinking of.September 27, 2018 at 11:22 am #1998968
1. I’m taking REG mid November
2. I’m most comfortable with individual taxation
3. Worried about corporate taxation and blawSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:23 am #1998974
1. Approx exam date (Late October, mid-November, etc)
November 26th, 2018
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section
Personal income tax return as well as Regulation D
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most.
Estates, surety's, contracts, and 1933/34.September 27, 2018 at 11:23 am #1998977
1. Approx exam date – December
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – Individual Tax
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most – Business LawSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:26 am #1999001
1. I am hoping to retake the REG exam in Late November. My goal was to be working on Audit, which I have to take by January, I missed REG in August by 2 points
2. I am most comfortable with property transactions and business law
3. I am having difficulty with entity taxationSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:27 am #1999007
I would like to enter the Giveaway.
1. Approx exam date (Late October, mid-November, etc) Early December
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section I just starting studying REG with Willey CPAexcel
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most. I just starting studying REG with Willey CPAexcel
KDSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:33 am #1999046
I am taking Reg November 17th.
The area I feel most confident in is Business Law.
My kryptonite is Corporate Taxation.September 27, 2018 at 11:52 am #1999127
1. Approx exam date – Late November
2. Topic you're most-comfortable – probably Individual Taxation
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most – rest of the topics LOLSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:55 am #1999133
1. I am taking REG November 21, 2018.
2. I am most comfortable with individual taxation, specifically forms & schedules I have dealt with in the past are more familiar in my mind b/c I've had more experience using.
3. I am weakest in Corporate taxation.
4. I am freaking out about the upcoming REG changes.
Praying for a pass so I don't have to test on them as I have not been keeping up. Trying to get back on CPA journey….September 27, 2018 at 11:55 am #1999139
nikeyaelmoreParticipantSeptember 27, 2018 at 11:55 am #1999142
1) I plan on taking REG as soon as I can since I am also taking AUD Dec 10. I missed passing REG by a few points in August.
2) Comfortable with Individual and most Entity taxation
3) Weak at C corp and Business Law. Struggle with Book to Tax.September 27, 2018 at 11:55 am #1999145
I am coming back into the fold after the birth of my son, and would like send everyone on here positive energy.
1. I plan to sit for the REG exam on November 10th.
2. I am comfortable with business law & ethics
3. I need a little more practice the Securities Law.
I am currently using the Gleim Self Study Review Course.September 27, 2018 at 11:57 am #1999163
1. Exam scheduled for October 29th
2. Most comfortable with Ethics and Individual Taxation
3. Weakest area is Business LawSeptember 27, 2018 at 12:20 pm #1999205
1. I am currently studying for the REG exam to take in Early November.
2. I actually work in tax for a CPA firm and I am fairly comfortable with that portion of the exam. A lot of the topics I have address throughout my career, however I am trying to pass it now to avoid the 2018 tax law questions to come into play. I have enough studying to do on that just for my job come this winter.
3. The business law portion does make me nervous. I feel like I am learning and making progress here, but I do feel it is a lot of memorization and luck at times that gets me the correct answers when taking the multiple choice study questions.
I just recently took and AUD exam twice and made a 74 & 73 back to back. So my morale isn't the greatest at the moment.
Good luck to everyone sitting soon!
-CSeptember 27, 2018 at 12:21 pm #1999208
1. Approx exam date – Late November
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – Ethics/Individual Taxes
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most.- Corporate TaxesSeptember 27, 2018 at 12:21 pm #1999211
2. None of it.
3. All of it.
LOLSeptember 27, 2018 at 12:34 pm #1999244
Approx exam date: Early December.
Topics most comfortable with: Individual Taxation, Corporate Taxation, Federal Securities Act, Business Structures, Contract Law, Secured Transactions Bankruptcy and Debt, Agency Law, Employment and Environment Law.
Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most: Partnership Taxation, Gift and Estate Taxation, and M1 reconciliation in corporate taxation.
Time to knock out REG in 2018.September 27, 2018 at 12:39 pm #1999262
1. Taking REG Early December
2. Most comfortable with individual taxation
3. Weakest in Business Law, fines, penalties. Some Ethics
AUD – N/A
BEC – N/A
FAR – N/A
REG – 70, Attempting again with NinjaSeptember 27, 2018 at 2:51 pm #1999475
1. Retaking it Dec. 4
2. Strongest in Individual Tax and Ethics
3. Weakest in Corporate TaxSeptember 27, 2018 at 2:51 pm #1999478
1. November 1, 2018 – Got a 73 for the 2nd time in a row!!! This will be my 4th time on REG..they should offer a buy 3 get one free option.
2. Federal Tax of Property Transactions / Business Law
3. Federal Tax of Entities
I have used Wiley/CPA Excel as my study/MCQ/TBS prep. I have done countless MCQ/TBS questions. Any recommendations for a supplemental MCQ/TBS program? I am testing Ninja out on the 3 day trial now and it seems good.September 27, 2018 at 3:08 pm #1999517
1. Approx exam date – December 10th
2. Topic you're most-comfortable within this exam section – Probably ethics and professional responsibilities.
3. Topic you're weakest in / worries you the most – Federal taxation of entities…
Actually, REG in general is my weakest area, so it will be my first exam….September 27, 2018 at 3:33 pm #1999550
1. Mid to Late October
3. Corp. Tax and Bus LawSeptember 27, 2018 at 3:34 pm #1999553
1. Mid to Late October
2. Individual tax
3. Corp. Tax and Bus LawSeptember 27, 2018 at 3:38 pm #1999571
Does anyone have some suggestions on how to tackle business law? I got a 73 this past window and I want to re-take as soon as possible.
I must admit I did not study much bus law the first time and the Bus Law section alone in Wiley is over 900 questions yet it only makes up 10-15% of the exam so I don't want to get stuck in it but I don't want to lose points either again over it.. any suggestions other than “STUDY IT”? Thanks
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.