150 credit hour requirement

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have my bachelors in accounting so if i take an accounting course at a community college to get the last 2 credits i need would that count or not because it would be a duplicate?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    ridiqls

It would count, you can take it at Comm college. but there are other requirements aside from the 150, you need 10 units of ethics, 24 of accounting core, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is no Ethics requirement as part of the 150. Every state is different but most majors from the Business School should meet the 150. The only thing that I was never sure of was whether Business Law courses count as Accounting. I have 24 accounting credits excluding BULA but that is enough for Washington.

Ethics requirements are the AICPA ethics course and or a state mandated ethics course in order to get licensed, and many states require the Ethics courses after the completion of the four exams.

Not every state takes Community College courses, and the ones that do usually require that they be transferred into a 4 year school. I took my Accounting courses at Post University, but based on recommendations from this forum, I would recommend North Alabama or LSU. Or switch states to one that accepts the number of credits you already have. Indiana is really easy to qualify. I am using Washington, but many people don't like the two ethics tests.

koz124

You should definitely contact your state board. As the previous poster stated, many states mandate that they be transferred to 4 year University.

Studying with Wiley Review, Wiley Test Bank, Ninja Audio.
    Retakes with Ninja MCQ only...awesome!
    Far - 1/28 72, 7/22 79
    Aud - 2/28 70, 8/14 83
    Bec - 4/10 80
    Reg - 5/30 64, 7/2 82

Anonymous
    Inactive

My state specifically says “no transfer courses will be accepted, each transcript must be sent from each individual instituition. Education earned at a 2 year community college are acceptable.” I'm golden. Accounting 110 in the fall. I love freshman.

mla1169
    Participant

Just make sure its not a duplicate of a course you already have on your transcript. If your undergrad is in accounting, ACC110 may be considered the equivalent of something you already have credit for, and they may chuck it.

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

Anonymous
    Inactive

At my university i took 201 principles of accounting, this would be 110 principles of accounting. So that's not gonna fly?

What about TAX101 – income taxes for individuals, the class i took is ACCT 350 – federal income tax – individual?

mla1169
    Participant

It might fly, I think you should put a call in to your state board to confirm. We can speculate all day long but best to get it from the horse's mouth.

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.