1 Year General Work Experience — Please Help!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I was working as an accounting assistant for about 2 years under a CPA (I do not currently work there) for a private company here in California.I was wondering if my “general” experience such as maintaining the general ledger, reconciliation, AP/AR, etc work will count toward the requirement needed for 1 year of general experience. I wasn’t sure if the type of work I did was too basic for my old supervisor to sign off on or would it still fit the description of “any type of service involving the use of accounting”..?

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Why don't you ask the state board?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why don't you ask the state board?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually did call but they just repeated the description of “General accounting experience may include providing any type of service or advice involving the use of accounting, attest, compilation, management advisory, financial advisory, tax or consulting skills.”

My old supervisor is also hard to get a hold of and moved to Texas, so was just wondering if anyone knew before I try and hunt him down…

Thanks!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I actually did call but they just repeated the description of “General accounting experience may include providing any type of service or advice involving the use of accounting, attest, compilation, management advisory, financial advisory, tax or consulting skills.”

My old supervisor is also hard to get a hold of and moved to Texas, so was just wondering if anyone knew before I try and hunt him down…

Thanks!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.