150 Credit Hours and Two Different Schools?

• Creator
    Topic

Hey All,

I’m an undergrad in my final semester and am closing in on reaching the 150 credit hour requirement for my state. I’m a transfer student and, for the purpose of satisfying the CPA’s 150 credit hours, I’m wondering if some of the credit hours for courses completed at my previous university that didn’t transfer over to my current one can be included with those that did transfer/were earned at my current school in order to reach 150.

Since both universities are regionally accredited, wouldn’t it be logical for the AICPA to accept credit hours earned at my current school in addition to those earned at the school I transferred from (regardless of my current school’s refusal to transfer them)?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    JUTTERB
    Participant

I would just go ahead and send your transcripts to NASBA – they'll review and let you know if you're eligible or not. It doesn't sound unreasonable to satisfy the 150 hour requirement – I took classes at 4 different institutions for what it's worth.

Jason Bourne is a badass – nice handle.

FAR - PASSED 11/2009 - EXPIRED, PASSED 11/2012
    REG - PASSED 1/2011 - EXPIRED, PASSED 11/2012
    AUD - PASSED 5/2011
    BEC - PASSED 11/2011
    ETHICS - PASSED 12/2012

Licensed Colorado CPA

MCLKT
    Participant

I second ^ comment. Go ahead and submit your transcripts to get an official response.

However, I think it won't matter if your school acknowledged the credits or not. If the university is accredited, they will count.

My transcripts came from 6 schools, lol. I had random courses here and there from surrounding universities dating back to high school weighted courses. They were all accepted.

The only sort of thing to look out for is similar courses. For instance, I had an astronomy course and a separate astronomy lab class. Some states will only recognize one or the other. But other states will recognize both.

A:[73]97 F:[74]85 R:86 B:[74]82
    *NINJA 10 Pt. COMBO & Yaeger*

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.