160 Hours+2000 MCQ+150 Sims+Becker Text Completed+Daily Audio & Notes=AUDIT FAIL - Page 2

• Creator
    Topic
    MintsRGood
    Participant

After putting in around 160 hours, 2000+ MCQS, 150+ SIMS, 7 full practice tests the week leading up to the exam (results from 80-90%), daily Ninja Audio, weekly Ninja Notes, a complete read through and notes/outlines prepared of every chapter in Becker Text, a Wiley test bank average of 88%ā€¦I found out this afternoon that I FAILED AUDIT AGAIN. I actually did worse this time than the last, Iā€™ve gone from a 71 to a 68. I was calm and collected at prometric and left feeling like I had a strong chance of passingā€¦I almost fell over to see a 68 after working so hard. I AM SO ANGRY.

I have no idea what I could have done differently or why this happened. I didn’t slack off one bit and was proud of the effort I put in this time around. I feel SO incredibly angry and very confused as to what I did wrong.

Where do I go from here? Should I retest ASAP in April? Should I obtain new materials? Any feedback or ideas on how to approach Audit differently are tremendously appreciated.

REG: 75 DONE šŸ™‚
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE šŸ™‚
    BEC: 76 DONE šŸ™‚
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE šŸ™‚
    Licensed Michigan CPA šŸ™‚
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven't rescheduled it, but I'm shooting for the first week in April.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Audit is really tricky exam. I was scoring 90+ in becker and i failed with 74..

All i would suggest is leave 2 hours for simulation, get familiar with authoritative literature and use it in every simulation.. I found exact point to point answers for 3 simulations ( not even kidding) …my 3 testlets were super easy in my 3rd attempt but this time i nailed simulation so well . i scored 79. i tried to use every drop of auth lit in my simulations

Learn topics and get familiar with Aut lit. it would help you big time…

MintsRGood
    Participant

@Casey that sounds like a great plan! I'm going to schedule my rematch for April 16th because nothing celebrates the end of busy season like a 4 hour standardized test! Ha!

@Nam Thanks for the feedback on the AL! I'm anixous to receive my score report to see if the sims were the issue this time. Congrats to you on passing your final section and being done!!!!! I have enjoyed reading your contributions to A71 and appreciate your consistently positive voice in the forum! I hope you enjoy your new found free time because you deserve it!!!! šŸ™‚

I am implementing a plan going forward of preparing more detailed notes, rewriting those notes as well as the Ninja Notes, and focusing on understanding these topics in depth rather than churning through the same 1000 MCQs over and over again to wind up inadvertently memorizing instead of learning. I'm also going to decrease my prep time from 8 weeks down to 5 weeks so that I can focus and learn to make efficient and effective use of my time.

I ran across one of Kricket's posts this morning and felt inspired! Kricket told another candidate who was struggling with a particular section that the only way to truly fail this exam is to quit!!! I WILL NOT QUIT. EVER. 300 CLUB OR BUST!!! šŸ™‚

It's time to get back on the study wagon and take care of business!!!! Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and support!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!!!! šŸ™‚

-You better work, b***h!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awww thanks šŸ™‚ good luck you'll get this right next time ,, you are almost there … Xxxx

missymoo

I am in the same boat as you, except I have failed it three times now in 2012. I am looking at taking it again in April and feel as though this may be my last time. I just can't keep putting my husband and kids (and myself) through this constant stress. One question, what is AL?

Lisa

AL is Authoritative Literature

AUD 8/04/11: 78
    BEC 1/9/12: 73, 4/04/12: 80
    FAR 10/25/12: 80
    REG 02/25/13: 79
    Ethics 100%
    VA License Issued 3/2013

poike15

I will say that I too believe that the AL helped me pass my AUD exam. I didn't even think of using for SIMS other than the research. I think the AL was VERY useful for 3 of my 7 SIMS and somewhat helpful for 2 of my 7 and not helpful at all for the remaining 2. Give that a try, perhaps.

AUD - 70,89
    BEC - 84
    REG - May 2013
    FAR - TBD

MintsRGood
    Participant

@Missymoo Best of luck with your prep this go around!!!!! I'm sure we will meet again the audit study group thread! šŸ™‚

The AL is a great resource and I will make sure to utilize it to the fullest on April 16th, thanks!!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! šŸ™‚

-You better work, b***h!

Jimmy520

Hey mints, am in the same situation as you were. So what did you do differently to pass this time around?

FAR-2/1/2013 Passed!!
    AUD-4/5/2013
    REG-5/31/2013
    BEC-7/15/2013

Anonymous
    Inactive

after 3 failures got a 92

that is great

tell us what you did different this time

MintsRGood
    Participant

Thanks Jimmy520 and AnasAG!!!!

For the 4/16 retake, I went old school! NO online test bank and abandoned the old textbook and flashcards. I picked up the Wiley textbook and studied like Iā€™d never seen the material. I stayed away from the online test bank because I had memorized the MCQS, which was my undoing on 2/25. I went to A71 and made this original post for help and read about those who had audit success like @MCLKT, @Kricket, and so many others and felt inspired! I knew I had to change my method and committed to doing things differently.

I followed the prep suggestions in the beginning of the Wiley text to a T! At the start of each module in the book, they suggest to read the key terms at the end and then do 15-20% of the MCQS to get a baseline. Check. I took detailed notes as I went through each of the modules and stopped to do the MCQS when prompted along the way in the module as well as reading the audit standard in the back of the book when prompted. When I answered an MCQ incorrectly, I wrote the correct concept in 1-2 sentences in a separate notebook. I read that notebook over and over again. I recopied my Ninja Notes twice and listed to Ninja Audio everyday to/from work on my hour each way commute. This was SLOW and PAINFULā€¦especially though the hell of Tax season. I worked 28 days straight through the filing deadline pulling 10-11 hour days, only to come home and grind out the Wiley text at night. I was so desperate to pass that it didnā€™t matter that I was totally miserable! I had to pass!!!!

Wiley has a professional sounding term for an acronym I like to call RTMFQ! šŸ˜‰ Read each question on test day 2-3 times before you even LOOK at the answer choices! Understand what they are looking for and run though your head what you know about itā€¦then pick the best choice! Watch for EXCEPT, ONLY, ALL BUTā€¦it will bite you in the ass if you arenā€™t careful. Use the AL tab for all of your sims! Try to leave yourself 2 hours for sims so you have time to use every drop of available info to give yourself the best chance of survival. Thatā€™s how I made it from a 61 to 92!

YOU can do this!!! The only way to fail these exams is to quit, so keep at it!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!! šŸ™‚

-You better work, b***h!

jgrfan1

That is a great story, congrats – you are a true grinder.

BEC - 5/2012 - 91
    AUD - 8/2012 - 89
    REG - 1/2013 - 90
    FAR - 5/2013 - 88
    Wife, 2 kids and a job

smp73

Congrats Mints! So happy for you!

NYS CPA License # 113563
    CIA: Done as of 2/15/14

Training for a half marathon post studying!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow MintsRGood, that is SUPER impressive you were able to stay so focused and crank out all that studying for your retake. Very happy for you, congratulations!!!

GonnaBeACPA

MintsRGood is definitely a motivator for those of struggling with audit!!

My questions are

1. Are there specific ratios more important than others and can you find the ratio information in AL?

2. There are a ton of opinions and audit letters. Can anyone shed some light on which ones they think are the most important ones to know to pass the audit exam?

Thanks everyone….!

AUD - 61 (05/20/13) - READY FOR RETAKE IN AUG 13

Anything in life that's really worth acquiring takes time and effort!!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.