20 Semester Units – Accounting Study (CA Requirement)

• Creator
    Topic
    mikesaidhi

I need one more accounting course to meet the minimum units required for licensure.

Does anyone know if an “Excel for Accounting” class at an accredited program qualifies? I have my doubts since it’s less theory and principle and more practical – can anyone clarify?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe it does meet the requirement. The staff at the CBA are trained to look for accredited schools and the right words in the course title. They don't dig into course content unless you want to appeal. I actually got back the transcripts that I sent with their unit counts when I first applied for the exam, and they counted all kinds of stuff I would have expected to be borderline if I didn't know their requirements well. If the school is real and it's got accounting in the title (even better if its in an accounting department), it's almost certainly good.

The CBA's own licensing handbook (https://www.dca.ca.gov/cba/publications/applbook.pdf) states that courses in bookkeeping, Peachtree/Quickbooks, and even CPA review courses count if you take them at an accredited institution. I'm sure most people here would agree that these are more practical than theoretical.

lasdlnx

It does, it was one of the courses I used to meet the requirements.

FAR-59 🙁 retake late January '14

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.