200 MCQ questions today, but I still don't feel it was productive

• Creator
    Topic
    Excel14
    Participant

Did 200 today for FAR, and my average was awful (60%). Not remembering this crap, and feeling like I’m merely going through the motions. Test on 06/10, and feeling pretty lousy. There isn’t time for note taking or reading chapters/watching videos, so what do I do besides spit out MCQs? Man, this sucks!

What do they call an accounting person, who only managed a 75 on all four parts of the CPA exam....you got it, CPA!!!

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Excel14
    Participant

Bump

What do they call an accounting person, who only managed a 75 on all four parts of the CPA exam....you got it, CPA!!!

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

thebigguy1992
    Participant

I am in the same boat. I'm trending at 60%. just keep doing them over and over, you will eventually just keep picking up small notes on questions and will consistently improve if you just keep at it everyday from now until the test.

BEC - 79
    FAR - 62,73,76
    AUD - 70, 88
    REG - 83
    thebigguy1992
    Participant

Also, you don't have to bump your post 12 minutes after posting it. that is ridiculous.

BEC - 79
    FAR - 62,73,76
    AUD - 70, 88
    REG - 83
    Excel14
    Participant

Thanks for your advice. The critique I could do without, but the advice is appreciated.

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

Anonymous
    Inactive

In addition to the MCQs, I would suggest skimming through chapters of the text you are having more trouble with… it could help you to better apply some of the material to the MCQs and boost your score

Anonymous
    Inactive

Time to go to bed, Grandpa. Haha

Excel14
    Participant

@ELev63,

What if you feel like all of the areas are problem areas? Feel like I have forgotten it all.

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

RE2PECT
    Participant

I would mix in some sims if you haven't done so already. Some people are against practicing sims and think you'll learn most from pounding mcq's, but you should at least get a feel for how they're formatted. Take the AICPA practice exam so there's no surprises come exam day.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Roger & Ninja

FAR: 75
    AUD: 73, 81
    BEC: 71, 73, 82
    REG: 68, 82

FAR: 75 Roger & Ninja (notes/flashcards/audio/MCQ)
    BEC: 71, retake 8/29
    REG:

Excel14
    Participant

@Re2PECT,

Took the AICPA sample test last night. Have been doing SIMs throughout my study units, and was originally taking 2 chapters per day and doing MCQ and each chapter's SIMs. Did that for 2 days and realized, I'd never get through it at that pace. I got 2 chapters of SIMs done on this review go round. Maybe hit the most widely tested areas for more SIM practice? For some reason, I just feel like I'm spitting out MCQs, even though I'm pausing to try and understand why I get a question wrong. Difficult to know what to do.

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im taking FAR on June 7th…. I went through the Becker text & all the lectures, MCQs and SIMS once and now I'm doing my review… As I was working on the later chapters (F8, F9, F10) I felt like I had forgotten a lot of the details & minutia in the earlier chapters. Once I started my review I found that the material was a lot easier to grasp a second time through, even after having largely forgotten it. I've been able to complete about a chapter per day in my review. As you do a chapter, maybe go back and keep doing MCQs and SIMS from previous chapters so it stays fresh in your head…

Spartans92
    Participant

FAR is definitely a tough section. Not sure which software you using but the real exam was nothing as comprehensive or in-depth as becker. Now the SIMS were brutal!!! I believe that reading the book may help though it may seem like wasting time but I find the textbook to be helpful especially doing some of the examples they provide. Good Luck!

BEC - 76
    REG- 67, 85
    AUD-63, 74, 80!!
    FAR-65, 62, 57, 79

3 down 1 more to go. BEC is on the Line 🙁

BEC- PASS

RE2PECT
    Participant

@Excel14- Just keep at it and it will start to stick. I felt the same as you a couple weeks out from FAR and little by little it started to come together. One thing I will say is don't waste too much time trying to master something you're having trouble with. There were so called heavily tested areas that were barely touched for my exam. If you're having trouble with something, just try and know the basics and keep moving. I would try and have a good handle on Gov/NFP if there was one topic I had to know back and forth. Also make sure you know your journal entries for bonds and S/E.

I'm taking BEC on 6/10 and it's almost as bad as studying for FAR. I see you passed and any advice you could give would be appreciated.

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Roger & Ninja

FAR: 75
    BEC: 71, 73, 82
    REG: 68, 82

FAR: 75 Roger & Ninja (notes/flashcards/audio/MCQ)
    BEC: 71, retake 8/29
    REG:

KJ
    Participant

Well, I take FAR tomorrow (or actually today at 1300 hours). I feel very demotivated. I did Ninja MCQ's this whole week but still don't feel ready. MCQ score ranging from 60-80% so not sure what to think. No point of doing anything anymore for me at this point and just take the test. Of course wants to pass the first try but Pass or fail I am not quitting. I will share my experience soon. Goodnight, God bless America!!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Albert Einstein

FAR - August 2016
    AUD - September 2016
    REG - October 2016
    BEC - November 2016

Remember: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

Excel14
    Participant

@Spartan,

I'm using Gleim. I sure hope I don't get a really in depth calculation type exam. Seems like remembering the concept is rough enough. I know it was never supposed to be easy, but come on! Lol

BEC (2/28/16) ----- 78
    FAR (09/10/16)-----
    AUD
    REG

CIA, CGAP, CFE

Duskfall
    Participant

I take my test on June 8th, seriously thinking about delaying it a month LOL. FAR is brutal

• FAR - 81 - JUN 7th, 2016
    • BEC - 85 - AUG 23rd, 2016
    • AUD- 80 - OCT 5th, 2016
    • REG- 77 - DEC 2nd, 2016

FAR - 07/07/2016 - 81
    BEC - 08/23/2016
    AUD - 10/05/2016
    REG - 11/23/2016

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.