2013 Becker CPA Review Course

• Creator
    Topic
    rbcpa
    Participant

Hi guys,

I was about to pull the trigger on Becker’s review course but then noticed they have both a 2012 & 2013 review course. Which one would you guys recommend buying if I plan on taking atleast 2 exams this year, and 2 next. I just graduated so it will take some time to get my transcripts over to CBA and get my NTS.

Thanks in advance!

Created with Compare Ninja

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    kmwgrace

Get the newest one. I didn't know 2013 was out already!

~ Kate... MTX!
    CPA exam on hold while I homeschool my 6 year old!

KassiusKlay

2013 already out……. whaaat? Just ordered 2012 in February…. hmm

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Audit 4/19/12 - 77
    BEC 5/31/12 - 75
    FAR 8/30/12

Elaine
    Participant

I want to take 2 this year and the rest next year and I was wondering the same thing!

SMUT_Co

The AICPA has released the 2013 CSO. I do not know what has changed.

https://www.aicpa.org/becomeacpa/cpaexam/examinationcontent/contentandskills/pages/default.aspx

FAR: Done
    REG: Done
    AUD: Done
    BEC: Done

rbcpa
    Participant

I just spoke to Becker customer service and they said 2013 material wont ship out until Nov. It seems like it is only a pre-order on their website.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea Becker ships out their new material every November for the following year so it makes sense. If you want to start taking exams before then, I would get the 2012. What they can usually do is send you the 2012 material for the exams you plan on taking this year and the 2013 material once it's available for the exams that you take in (you guessed it) 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah my live instructor was telling us the Becker 2013 stuff is PRINTED/done, but it's not being sent out until November, as always. So looks like you will HAVE to get this year's, to study for any this year! Maybe figure out if it's worth it/cost effective to you to buy the sections separately so you can get 2 2012 now and 2 2013 later. The material BARELY changes year to year though, its mainly just the layout in the book.

rbcpa
    Participant

Do you guys think the Becker course is enough or should I purchase / need the extra flashcards & final review?

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

I am leery of becker selling a final review. It's like they are saying “buy our review course, but it isn't good enough, so you should buy the final review too.” I passed three so far just with becker regular self study. I would never buy the final review. I did buy flashcards, however i only used them for the far exam. Kinda a waste tho.

R PASS
    A PASS
    B PASS
    F AUGUST

Happy

As was mentioned earlier, you can purchase the full package, but tell them only to ship you the 2 sections that you need now, and then to send you the other 2 sections for 2013 when they come out in November.

A side benefit of this is that you get 2 separate installation discs, so while the 2012 that you install now expires 18 months from now, the one you get for 2013 in November expires 18 months after you install that one!!

REG- 2/12 - 90 | AUD- 4/12 - 94 | BEC- 5/12- 85 | FAR- 8/12 - 82
    DONE!!! I used Becker Self Study & Ninja Notes/Audio

kokaa

Hello out there! Can someone please give me their 2 cents?

Does anyone know if 2013 exam will be significantly different from 2012? I'm taking my FAR in Jan 2013 and studying with 2012 Becker falshcards, audio class notes etc.

Ag12thman
    Participant

I believe nothing is significantly changing on the exam until July 2013, when the Auditing section will change. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If you want to use 2012 materials to take Auditing, you'll want to test before July.

FAR: July 2016

Hello evereybody

I have recently come from Bangladesh as a permanent resident. I have passed Chartered Accountancy but it has no recognition here in USA. So I decided to sit for the CPA exam. Is there anybody who can guide me about the exam. I want advice about study hours, when it would be better for me to start and what paper to start with and the gaps necessary between the papers. I have come with my daughter and really need to pass early to get a job. Is there any cheaper version of Becker available anywhere? Any advice will be a great help. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@nasreenahmad12

Theres a lot of resources you could use to figure this information out. Your state's board is one, becker has good summaries on their website, as do other study guide companies. You can definitely find a job without getting the CPA first. There are plenty of jobs that will hire you without one as long as you have th enecessary skills/degree. I would suggest making your own thread on this topic though. You will probably get more responses.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.