3 days before AUD– Any last minute tips on Transaction Cycles & SIMs

• Creator
    Topic
    Hspa222
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve been using Becker to study all along. I feel pretty confident about the exam but been struggling with Transaction cycles (A4). I’m thrown off by how I can be tested on these and what’s the best way to prepare.

Also, as per SIMs, I keep hearing that they’re nothing like on Becker. Should I waste my time reviewing/study them? or just focus on knowing the material?

Lastly, any tips to reduce the “freak out” mode are welcome.

Thanks!

AUD- Retake APRIL 2016
    FAR- 1st attempt MAY 2016

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I've been spending alot of time on audit evidence using the roger course, also curious of how much I should be concentrating on that if anybody has anything to add related to that

mminichan
    Participant

I am using Becker as well and test on Sat. I just have been reading books and then do SIMS and re-do NINJA notes….

I think SIMS is a good way to test your knowledge and then know where your weakness is and go brush up on it…just my 2 cents….

I wonder if anyone who is out there use Becker and pass AUD and have any last min advise? THANKS!

okcpa2015
    Participant

My biggest piece of advice for Audit is to understand when they are asking you an audit question vs an attestation.

Easy to select the incorrect answer if your not paying attention.

FAR - 91
    REG - 88
    AUD - 98
    BEC - 88

mminichan
    Participant

@okcpa2015 – thanks for the advice! can you give me an example of question? so i know for sure what you mean…thanks!!

MaLoTu
    Participant

Transaction cycles are prime for TBS. Also, like okcpa said, know the difference between a financial audit and an attestation engagement. I wrote the opinion verbatim for the unqualified … wish I would have spent a little more time writing the sample opinions for all the engagements.

Almost always from my phone... please excuse my typos!

All 4 passed - 2016

CA CPA

holldaisy

For those who have becker .. Did you also use Ninja notes? Did they help with passing?

holldaisy

For those who have becker .. Did you also use Ninja notes? Did they help with passing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

leave enough time for the SIMs. Enough to be able to utilize the AL as much as possible for each question. You cant pass without at least an average score on the SIMs.

mminichan
    Participant

@cpasucks23 – how much time did you leave for SIMS? Thanks!

TK6
    Participant

I think most people have a lot of time left for SIMs in AUD. Probably because there are no computations in the MCQs. I would master the AL as much as possible. It can really help you with the AUD SIMs. A lot of people seem to get questions that require you to fill in wording in an audit report (you can find sample reports in the AL). The SIMs definitely seem to make or break a lot of people's AUD scores. I skipped over most of them in Becker and briefly looked at a view in my final review, but I was pretty good with the AL so I think that really helped me score high.

FAR: 90
    AUD: 94
    REG: 84
    BEC: November 25th

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ TK6 when someone say master the AL ,then what does it mean , what should know about AL which help on exam other than like—- for attestation go to AT ,for accounting and review (AR) for code of professional conduct AU-C

other than this what I suppose to know about the AL.

give some more light please.

Claudia408
    Participant

@TK6 how did you master the AL? I'm sure reading through it is not an effective use of time. I see practice Qs for research questions and I try to go over them multiple times but that doesn't really help navigating every section, or does it?

BEC 65, 71, 75
    AUD 62, 70, 78
    REG 67, 66, 65, 66, 64
    FAR 68, 64, 73

BEC - 75 (3x)
    AUD - 78 (3x)
    REG - 67, 66, Aug 1
    FAR - 54, Sept 8

mminichan
    Participant

@TK6 – I would like to know how you master AL as well? What is your studying tip on AL? Thanks!

ocarina

Mastering AL means knowing how to search through it. My best tip I received was to use advanced search and select “Contains all words”. Helped out a lot. I practiced with the research questions! AL sure saved my bacon going through the SIMS.

Do as many MCQ as you can for Transaction Cycles & try to memorize the process for each. Along with understanding completion/existence paths and how an auditor would test for things & how.

Audit Ninja notes helped me a lot but they are more helpful the earlier you start.

FAR - 78
    AUD - 82
    REG - 79
    BEC - 78

Study Materials: Becker Self Study, NINJA Notes, NINJA MCQ for review
    Started March 2015 and finished December 2015 all on first attempt. Licensed CPA Jan 2016.

IT Auditor/CyberSec Consultant in Public Accounting
    Future goals: Learn IT Network infrastructure, obtain CISA & CISSP

TK6
    Participant

Sorry for the delayed response here. Maybe “master” is the wrong word to use here. You should basically know where to go in the AL for certain topics. For example, if you get a SIM on independence situations, you should be comfortable enough with the AL so that you can find that area pretty quickly. This will save a ton of time and help your score a lot.

FAR: 90
    AUD: 94
    REG: 84
    BEC: November 25th

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.