5 days until REG retake, any suggestions?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This will be my third attempt at REG. My first attempt was just a disaster as I did not prepare well, and I ended up with a 47. I improved by a good margin for the second attempt but I still fell short with a 60. For these last couple of days, I am planning on going through the Wiley Test Bank for all questions “not yet seen” as well as go over the Ninja Notes and Audio and flashcards. Anything else I should do?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone?

Anonymous
    Inactive

If it was me I'd do a ton of MCQs for the next three days straight. Hit every WTB question you haven't seen and then go through them again. I learn best by repeatedly doing MCQs and maybe seeing the same question a few times actually reinforces the concepts for me. Its not about ‘memorizing' the questions or the answers, because you won't see these questions on exam day. But for me, the first time I see a question and get it wrong I read the solution. The second time I see that question I seem to really nail down the concept. And mainly for me with REG, I'm finding that since its such a broad amount of subject matter, I put all the topics in play for each practice session so I can stay fresh in all areas. I also rewrote a giant ‘cheat sheet' of notes in an Excel file covering all of the AMT formulas, individual/corporate/partnership tax points, b-law rules of thumb, the main things I felt like I NEEDED to know on test day, and I'm carrying that around with me until I sit next week. Good luck to you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If it was me I'd do a ton of MCQs for the next three days straight. Hit every WTB question you haven't seen and then go through them again. I learn best by repeatedly doing MCQs and maybe seeing the same question a few times actually reinforces the concepts for me. Its not about ‘memorizing' the questions or the answers, because you won't see these questions on exam day. But for me, the first time I see a question and get it wrong I read the solution. The second time I see that question I seem to really nail down the concept. And mainly for me with REG, I'm finding that since its such a broad amount of subject matter, I put all the topics in play for each practice session so I can stay fresh in all areas. I also rewrote a giant ‘cheat sheet' of notes in an Excel file covering all of the AMT formulas, individual/corporate/partnership tax points, b-law rules of thumb, the main things I felt like I NEEDED to know on test day, and I'm carrying that around with me until I sit next week. Good luck to you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.