5 weeks for BEC

• Creator
    Topic
    Hammer
    Participant

Is 5 weeks enough time for BEC? I currently have AUD scheduled for next Friday, but I’m a little behind. The pace I’m at now won’t leave me any review time. Probably just enough time to be 100% done will all Becker lectures, MCQ’s, and sims and the 2 practice exams. But that is it. No re-doing HW, no progress tests, basically no review time.

I can push it back a week to give myself more time, but I’d be cutting into BEC study time. I want to take BEC on Nov 30. Not sure what I should do. I’ve had pretty much no trouble at all understanding Audit. I’m an auditor at a CPA firm and have been consistently scoring 75 – 80% on the homework with out referring to the book.

If I push it back a week, is 5 weeks enough time for BEC?

FAR - 70, 81
    AUD - 83
    BEC - 77
    REG - 70, 78

Licensed in Ohio.

Now what the hell do I do?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    y_u_no_pass
    Participant

I did BEC in almost exactly 5 weeks. It is up to you, but it's possible. I would also suggest not taking the practice exam if you are out of time. That's what I did for BEC leaving my last day for review and it helped a lot.

Florida CPA!
    Took final exam 2/25/15.
    Sent in Application 3/12/15.
    Issued License 3/20/15.
    Used CPA Excel solely for all exams.

It is definitely enough time in my experience. I dual majored in finance so that helped me a lot with that particular piece of the exam, but the rest I definitely had to cover. I believe I studied around 22 hours for BEC and passed with an 84. I can't stress enough how quality studying is far more important than quantity. Minimal distractions, focused, honing in on your weak points, honing in on “non common sense” areas, rote memorization where it is needed, analyzing random test results early to determine where more time is needed, etc.

FAR: 1/12/13 ... 82
    REG: 8/30/14 ... 75
    AUD: August 2013 ... 89
    BEC: July 2013 ... 84

DONE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should have plenty of time to cover everything for BEC in 5 weeks. I studied for 2.5 weeks while working full-time and most of the material in BEC was completely new to me (I have a non-business/non-accounting undergrad degree and took only the needed courses as part of my MS). Granted, I just barely passed, but BEC was also my first exam and I still wasn't entirely sure how to adequately prepare for it at the time.

For BEC, I watched lectures for about half of the material, read the entire book, and then spent the two days before the exam cramming with the WTB. Just make sure you don't neglect the IT topics and have a good template you can apply to all of your WC questions so that you'll have partial points for those right off the bat. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.