60 on FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    skinnyb111

This is the 2nd time i took FAR and i got a 60 again! I totally changed the way i studied this time went through the entire book took my own notes, supplemented with Ninja. I do not know what i could do to change my score!! During the exam i really felt as though the simulations were what killed me they were just all over the place.

When studying for FAR retake what did you do differently? What helped? I am planning on taking it again 1st week of February because i spent an insane amount of time studying the 2nd time around and took really good notes. I am using becker, do you think i should switch and use another program or continue with Becker?

Frustrated!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Shel_178

I also used Becker and failed FAR the first time I took it. I went from a 69 to an 80 on the retake. I basically went through each chapter one by one and reread/took notes on major points and redid all of the multiple choice. I also added the WTB which I believe helped A LOT because I had started to memorize the questions in Becker (you also get more simulations to practice). I would pinpoint what your weaker areas are and make sure that you understand them going in for your 3rd attempt while making sure you still study the other topics as well. I didn't understand pensions and bonds that well and thought I could just “get by,” but it bit me in the end. Hope that helps…good luck on your next attempt!!!

REG - 86
    FAR - 80
    BEC - 79
    AUD - 92...I'm done woohoo!

Licensed CPA since Feb. 2014

Shel_178

I also used Becker and failed FAR the first time I took it. I went from a 69 to an 80 on the retake. I basically went through each chapter one by one and reread/took notes on major points and redid all of the multiple choice. I also added the WTB which I believe helped A LOT because I had started to memorize the questions in Becker (you also get more simulations to practice). I would pinpoint what your weaker areas are and make sure that you understand them going in for your 3rd attempt while making sure you still study the other topics as well. I didn't understand pensions and bonds that well and thought I could just “get by,” but it bit me in the end. Hope that helps…good luck on your next attempt!!!

REG - 86
    FAR - 80
    BEC - 79
    AUD - 92...I'm done woohoo!

Licensed CPA since Feb. 2014

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.