7 hour interview? Any idea about the schedule?

• Creator
    Topic

I have a 7-hour Superday interview coming up. Another one is only 3 hours. What in the world is going to take up 7 hours?

Also, how long after these things should I hear back one way or another about an offer (range)?

AUD - 84
    BEC - 88
    FAR - 81
    REG - 79
    If I passed so can you!!
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a Big 4 interview a couple of weeks ago that (not counting the dinner the night previous) lasted from 8:30am to 2:30pm. A lot of candidates in the office that day, so there was a breakfast/opening remarks, three different 30-45 minute interviews, a panel discussion with people in the specific area I'd be working, lunch, and then closing remarks/goodbyes. Went by really fast, honestly.

waffle_house
    Participant

I'm assuming this is an office interview were you go in early and meet the managers or partners. At the same time you might go around meeting other employees of the company. Also, different interviews with different partners is possible as this happened to me with a firm in downtown Houston. They took us out to lunch kind of an informal interview but still an interview to get to know you.

AUD - 80
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 84
    REG - 76
    Exams started Sep 2014 -Exams done Mar 2017

Texas CPA

I put in work, it was evident

taxman89
    Participant

wheni interviewed for my position in industry (right out of college) i was interviewed by 7 or 8 people for 45 min each and then brought back in for an interview with the SVP and second interview with 2 other people…..its a good sign if the interview is really long because it means they actually put alot of thought/work into their hires

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 78
    REG - 82
    AUD: 61-67-75 (Thanks ninja aud)
    BEC: 77
    FAR: 78
    REG:69-73-70-82

Aud-75 3x I knew i never liked you
    Bec-77 1x being in the bubble is stressful
    Reg-82 4x its not me its you...and no we cant be friends
    Far-78 1x easiest section

cool_kid
    Participant

^Wow taxman89 that sounds really intense

stag
    Participant

Pwc superday is always 7 hours

FAR - Aug 2013 Passed
    REG - DEC 2013 Passed
    BEC - FEB 2014 Passed
    AUD - MAY 2014 Passed

BSEE = who needs accounting degree to pass CPA exams?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would guess something along the lines of:

1) Breakfast

2) Brief introduction to the firm and hosting staff members to accompany you throughout the day

3) 1st round of interviews / firm presentation #1

4) 2nd round of interviews / firm presentation #2

5) 3rd round of interviews / firm presentation #3

(The amount of presentations / interview rounds probably depends on the number of potential candidates and available Partners/Directors/Seniors available to interview.)

6) Final presentation & exit by firm

7) Off to lunch for 1-2 hours depending on how social the associates are that take you out and how much they want out of the office

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.